SQL Developer - C#.Net
- Solve business problems alone and as part of the team by applying good reasoning and logic to use one or more of the following technologies: ASP.NET, C#, Web Services, Web APIs and SQL programming. ML.Net would be an advantage and part of the role moving forward.
- Support the deployment of new IT systems and infrastructure.
- Diagnose problems using a logical approach and understanding of the underlying systems.
- Work individually or as part of a team on small to medium-sized SQL projects to solve operational business requirements as well as data manipulation when needed.
- Create ad-hoc queries or SQL Server stored procedures, views and jobs based on user requests or to maintain, troubleshoot or improve existing SQL functionality.
- Work on large data sets in a live transactional environment with an awareness of the impact of running demanding queries and the side effects on a busy operational call centre
- Create and maintain constraints, keys and indexes to improve performance and maintain database integrity and business rules.
- Design and maintain Excel and SSRS reports using stored procedures and views.
- Maintain or improve existing Excel reports using VBA for extended functionality.
- Query and summarise data across multiple servers and databases using linked servers.
- Work with dynamic SQL to solve difficult cross-server and cross-database queries and summaries.
- At least three of the most recent years using and programming in C#, .NET and SQL daily.
- Solid understanding of relational databases and database design.
- Excellent knowledge of the T-SQL language including use of stored procedures, triggers, views, data types, keys indexes, constraints, foreign keys, relational design and the related tools and development environments.
- A good understanding of SSIS, SSRS and Excel working with SQL Server over the past 3 years.
- Experience optimising SQL Server queries and stored procs and the use of query analyzer for tuning code.
- Very good general programming skills and a general interest in programming and development using primarily SQL Server and C# and the .Net platform.
- Experience with other SQL databases like MySQL and PostgreSQL would be an advantage.
- Very good Excel skills as well as a good working knowledge of VBA programming in Excel.
- Sound knowledge of secure development principles.
- Knowledge of SQL environment using tracing tools.
- Web development experience using MVC and the following technologies: ASP.NET / .Net Core / Razor pages / Blazor.
- Web Service development using .Net.
- Use of and RESTful APIs.
- Use of SOAP Web Services.
- Very logical with good understanding of basic Mathematics and Statistics.
- CLR development for SQL Server using C#.
- Experience with Node Red.
- Some Linux and Asterisk experience.
- A strong sense of responsibility and ownership and a solid work ethic - this is very important!
- Accurate and precise approach with a strong sense of attention to detail.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A willingness to learn about the existing business and systems enabling participation in the improvement and further development of these systems.
- A willingness to keep learning and staying updated on modern development environments, techniques and trends like the latest ASP.Net developments as well as ML.Net
- Very good verbal and written communication
Posted on 12 Jul 10:51, Closing date 11 Aug