Senior Linux Systems Engineer
|Remuneration:||R800000 – R850000 per year Cost to company|
|Company:||E-Merge IT Recruitment|
Job descriptionA notorious media house is offering an opportunity like no other, to work on Greenfield projects that are international, and is currently seeking a Linux Systems engineer to join their team of highly accomplished specialists.
You will be required to design, maintain and support our Linux platform that forms part of the OTT platform, which operates in a 24/7 environment. This will involve setting up and configuring new systems to meet project requirements as well as assisting in the design of solutions and researching new technologies for service improvements
Do you want to work with the best employees and work on predominantly high impact and complex system tasks? This is your opportunity to enhance your career and get involved in diverse technologies! Apply now !
- Five+ years of experience in Linux based operating systems
- One+ years of experience in Docker and kubernetes
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Strong experience with SQL, MySQL and NoSQL
- A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- GlusterFS or any distributed file systems
- Experience with Varnish and Nginx caches
- Good understanding of streaming and CDN technologies (Akamai, Level3, CloudFront, etc.)
- Knowledge with encoders ( Elemental, Harmonic)
- Understanding of Cloud technologies (AWS and Azure)
- Experience with PFSense Firewall and IPtables
- Experience with HAproxy and other load balancing technologies
- Excellent knowledge of appropriate network technologies and network applications such as TCP/IP, LAN/WAN setup
- Experience with REST and SOAP API’s
- Support the adoption of Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Test-Driven Development, and Agile best practices, processes, and tools
- Implementation of servers and software in support of development processes
- Take ownership of system infrastructure and help to maintain reliability and uptime of core services
- Scripting and automation of tasks
- Interfacing with the development team and assisting in software development
- Research new tools, technologies and best practice
- Create technical documentation as needed
- Maintain systems security and best practice
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering or Computer Science
- Linux Certification beneficial
Are you ready for a change of scenery? E-Merge IT Recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the E-Merge website http://www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!
Posted on 14 Dec 15:50