Senior DevOps Engineer
|Location:||Cape Town, Rondebosch|
A dynamic Payment Gateway Provider seeks the technical expertise of a Senior DevOps Engineer to be responsible for the deployment, automation, maintenance and management of AWS cloud-based production system. You will also be expected to debug, analyse and suggest system improvements as required. The ideal candidate must possess a Graduate-level qualification in Computer Science/Engineering or other related discipline or equivalent experience, Technical Certifications in key infrastructure services and applications, at least 4 years' AWS & have worked with EC2, RDS, S3, Server Security, 1 Year Shell or Python Scripting, Automation experience with Configuration Management tools and writing provisioning scripts using Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform and able to use advanced options of tcpdump and strace without looking at the manual.
- Ensure that all platforms and systems are in line with the required Security Standards.
- Ensure critical system security through the use of best-in-class cloud security solutions.
- Remediate vulnerabilities on various environments.
- Help to ensure the delivery of infrastructure solutions in line with PCI-DSS and other compliance requirements, including documentation
- Complete and perform daily, monthly and yearly audit requirements.
Workload management -
- Provide business as usual support to your particular workload and environment.
- Be the Technical Owner of your particular workloads' infrastructure.
- Support escalations from Group Service Desk for investigation and resolution of technical issues.
- Help to support the reduction in the number of "Critical" incidents and investigate possible causes and fixes
- Monitor daily activities, including Change Requests, Project deliverables and Jira ticket responsibilities - Adopting a practical, methodical approach to identify and resolve issues.
- Work to implement and make sure environments are structured and built with redundancy and "key component" failures in mind
- Make sure environments and workloads are run as cost effective as possible.
- Evaluate new technologies to improve, but not limited to; improving process flow, uptime, security and go-to-market time
- Support maintenance of layered software and infrastructure
- Identify where applications or hardware are having performance/reliability issues; analyse and formulate a proposed method to correct issues.
- Work on and maintain Continuous Integration systems.
- Manage technical escalations, as necessary.
- Communicate relevant technical business solutions to the identified internal or external stakeholder.
Technical process and development -
- Develop (where and when necessary) and maintain support procedures.
- Develop (where and when necessary) and maintain operating policies and procedures for workloads under management.
- Develop (where and when necessary) backup and recovery solutions for workloads under management
- Automate tasks that can and should be automated.
- Explore ways to constantly improve quality of existing services, processes, and systems in order to maintain system effectiveness and reliability
Responsibilities on demand -
- Due to the fluid and dynamic environment new, additional, or changed position responsibilities will occur. Successful demonstration of change orientation is an on-going responsibility in all positions.
- Graduate-level qualified in computer science, engineering or a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Technical certifications in key infrastructure services and applications.
- 4 - 5 Years' experience with AWS services.
- One year of programming with Shell Scripting or scripting with Python.
- Very good understanding of scalable environments and server security.
- Solid experience in building highly scalable server architectures.
- Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24x7 uptime Amazon AWS environment.
- Automation experience with Con
Posted on 21 Jul 11:25
087 351 0743