Senior Data Engineer
|Company:||E-Merge IT Recruitment|
An amazing opportunity for a senior data engineer to join a multinational organization that produces luxury cars is available. You will be working with a team of IT innovators working on cutting-edge technical solutions within the automotive industry
In this role you will be required to work with feature teams to design and implement data extraction, cleaning, analysis, visualisation, and presentation requirements from source database types to target data containers for the purpose of migrating data to cloud technologies
If you are looking for a new opportunity in a world-class technology environment, then this is for you, apply now.
Core understanding of and working experience with:
- Databases: DB2 Preferred, Relational (Oracle, PostgreSQL) and Non-Relational (Mongo, Casandra)
- Languages: Structured Query Language (SQL) using (DDL, DML, DCL, TCL)
- Database Objects: Stored Procedures, Triggers, Tables, Sequences, Indexes, schemas Etc.
- Infrastructure: Familiar with Cloud AWS or AZURE
- Working with ETL (extract, transform, and load).
- Assist in creating data pipelines from source to target platforms.
- Experience in Data validation and verification Techniques.
- Develop models to transform data from source to target for analytical purposes (Business Objects/Data Lakes) and migration (Source to target).
- Performance tuning of databases and database queries.
- Mainframe Technologies DB2, VSAM etc.
- Worked with data migration projects to Cloud Technologies.
Reference Number for this position is GZ54915 which is a long-term contract position offering between R620 hour negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Garth on [email protected] or call him on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The E-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the E-Merge website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!
Posted on 05 Jul 15:15, Closing date 3 Sep