Quality Assurance Technician
So, what’s your mission?
You’ll need to bring a technical passion and a solid work ethic to take advantage of this opportunity. We have a collaborative team who work together to achieve the business goals, constantly looking to add value to our customers. We care deeply about learning best practices and delivering quality projects. We’ll be growing fast and scaling globally so the opportunity for your career growth has the potential to be huge.
What will the average day look like?
- work with Teams to determine their requirements from the test, for example the number and type of solutions to be tested
- plan and create penetration methods, scripts and tests
- carry out remote testing of an internal or external network testing of infrastructure to expose weaknesses in security
- simulate security breaches to test a system's relative security
- create reports and recommendations from your findings, including the security issues uncovered and level of risk
- advise on methods to fix or lower security risks to systems
- present your findings, risks and conclusions to management and other relevant parties
- consider the impact your 'attack' will have on the business and its users
- understand how the flaws that you identify could affect a business, or business function, if they're not fixed.
- Ensure the requirements are clearly defined and thoroughly understood by the development team.
- troubleshoot technical issues.
- Offer leadership, guidance and motivation to developers and programmers while resolving potential threats.
- Measure project Security using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Report and escalate any critical issues
- Create and maintain comprehensive security and threat documentation.
- Manual Non-Security testing
Could you be who we are looking for? (the boring bits)
- Cyber security certification
- Forensic computing certification
- Network management certification
- Computer systembs engineering certification
- Knowledge of tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Trello, DevOps or similar
- Thoroughness and desire for self-development.
- Problem-solving ability.
- A good team-player and an excellent communicator.
Bonus Points For:
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in security and threat testing role
- Software testing certificate or relevant degree
- Contactable reference
What’s in it for you?
- This roll is permanent/full-time. Commencing immediately. International exposure to various insurance brands and working with an international team.
- The opportunity to be a part of an inclusive, fun and high performing organisation.
Based in the beautiful City of George, in the Garden Route
- We’re looking for drive, passion, and a willingness to learn – if we are preaching what you are practising, we’d love to hear from you
Please note we are only accepting applicants residing in South Africa and willing to relocate to George
The position will be filled in line with the Softsure culture, values and Employment Equity policy and plan. Preference will be given to members of designated groups that are under-represented.
Posted on 16 Nov 10:04, Closing date 15 Dec