Programme Manager - Digital
|Location:||Cape Town, Mowbray|
A dynamic financial services group seeks to fill the role of a programme manager for its digital division whose core role will be to ensure the successful coordination and delivery of projects within the assigned programmes. You will be responsible for leading the Project Managers and Business Analysts working within the assigned programmes which will include the CAS (Customer Acquisition Platform), Digital (mobile and web) and e-commerce programmes. You will require a suitable bachelor' degree or higher with a Project Management Certification, five years' experience as a Senior Project Manager with a proven track record of delivering large complex projects and three years' programme management.
Demand management -
- Understand strategic objectives, business cases and key success criteria for all initiatives within the Digital Factory roadmap.
- Participate in Preliminary phase discussions to help shape and define initiatives.
- Engage with Sponsors around demand prioritisation.
Delivery management -
- Coordination and delivery of multiple projects ensuring that quality delivery is achieved through application of best practices across knowledge areas: scope, cost, time, quality, resource, communication, risk, procurement and stakeholder management.
- Governance - Ensure compliance to governance processes for all projects.
- Resource Management - Manage resource planning resource allocation supporting delivery.
- Risk Management - Act as escalation point for all project-related queries.
- Communication and reporting -
- Ensure effective communication and change management for initiatives.
- Review weekly Project reporting updates and track key KPI's for the Digital Factory.
- Build strong relationships with sponsor and business owner and assist with planning and prioritisation of upcoming demands.
- Act as the bridge between the business and the IT Delivery teams.
People management -
- Recruit, manage, mentor and develop team for optimal performance, engagement and succession.
Vendor management -
- Act as the key point of contact for all engagement with Digital vendors.
- Monitor delivery against agreed timelines, cost and scope.
- Manage the contracts, budgets and invoicing.
Project office and company -
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of project management and governance processes.
- Represent the Project Office at Management forums and Project meetings.
- Build knowledge of products and business processes and systems.
- Relevant and applicable bachelor' degree or higher with a project management certification.
- A minimum of five years' experience as a senior project manager with a proven track record of delivering large complex projects.
- A minimum of three years' programme management.
- People management.
- Financial Services and/or Retail experience
- Broad knowledge of business and financial products.
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of best practice project management methodologies.
- A practical understanding of the system development lifecycle and product life cycle, database and system design.
- Understanding of ICT functional areas such as development, infrastructure and service management.
- Business analysis diploma or exposure.
- Agile delivery experience.
- Business acumen and commercial awareness.
- Ability to work across multiple complex projects simultaneously and deliver under pressure.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills with the ability to drive decision-making.
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to manage expectations, risks and issues in a pro-active manner.
- Disciplined prioritisation
Posted on 10 Jun 10:26, Closing date 10 Jul
087 351 0743