*** Kindly take note that this advert has been extended. Those candidates who have applied before should not apply again.
Job Title: Technical Manager: Waterworks, Operations & Infrastructure
Location: Somerset West, Western Cape, South Africa
Reference #: OWTM0001
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: R 1,200,000.00 – 1,400,000.00 Annually
To manage the water and wastewater value chain with its associated infrastructure in order to meet consumer demands of the area with regard to water quality, quantity and cost.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
1. Manage and Monitor the available Water Resources to meet customer demands
2. Monitor and advise Water and Waste Water treatment operations
3. Manage Water and Wastewater distribution to meet customer demands
4. Perform general management and administrative functions to ensure operational efficiency and compliance
• BTech or B.Eng. or B.Sc. Degree or equivalent, with a recognized professional registration.
• Post-grad qualification is an added advantage.
• 7 years’ experience of systems and team management experience within Water / Municipal / Processing / Production environment.
TECHNICAL AND FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES:
• Comprehensive knowledge of Water Quality and Water Quantity management principles and guidelines encompassing water demand management, unaccounted-for water losses, metering and water balances.
• Working knowledge of related legislation (LRA, National Water Act, Water Services Act, BCEA, EE Act, OHSA, NEMA, PFMA, ISO 9001 and 18001 Management System, Dam Safety Act, SABS Guidelines for potable water (effluent quality guidelines)
• Comprehensive knowledge of Integrated Water Resource Management (IWRM) principles and practices.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Municipal water distribution, storage and reticulation principles and practices.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the operation and maintenance of water and wastewater treatment processes, methods, unit processes, sludge handling processes and treatment technologies.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and plans
• Advanced report writing skills.
• Diagnostic and analytical skills (troubleshooting and problem-solving)
• Sound financial acumen and ability to compile and manage operational budgets.
• Project Management skills – ability to facilitate multi-disciplinary projects and apply the necessary project planning and control documents.
• People Management – ability to work with and through people to achieve results.
• Manage Risk and SHEQ in line with statutory and company requirements.
Application Deadline: 26/08/2021