Manager: Fleet Administration/Head: Fleet Operations Services
|Location:||Cape Town, Ndabeni|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Company:||City of Cape Town|
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Economic opportunities and asset management • Fleet management
Manager: Fleet administration services
TCOE commencing from: R1 162 715 per annum
Head: Fleet operations
Tcoe: salary commencing from R1 026 140 per annum • Ref no: EOA 29/21 • Ndabeni
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree/BTech qualification
- Up to eight years’ direct functional experience coupled with extensive managerial experience (up to five (5) years for Head position)
- A valid drivers licence
- Excellent track record managing fleet operations, supported by a customer centric culture
- Knowledge of Road Traffic Act will serve an advantage.
- Managing the fleet administration section by providing leadership on implementation and application of relevant policies and procedures
- Private hiring of vehicles and plant items to address shortage of items
- Managing the proper execution of fuel dispensing from corporate fleet bulk fuel bowsers and mobile bowsers unit operations
- Managing of road fuelling and on-board computers for the corporate fleet
- Managing auxiliary fleet services like traffic violations, renewal of licenses, etc. for the corporate fleet and the PRDP renewal process for the City of Cape Town drivers
- Managing all human resources matters within the branch such as staffing strategy, training and development, performance management and labour relations
- Managing the budget allocated to fleet operations
- Managing the research, development and implementation of master data governance standards relating to fleet management infrastructure and assets
- Interfacing with relevant line departments/stakeholders to ensure the effective provision of fleet administrative services
- Managing special projects and reacting to disasters and emergencies.
- Please indicate for which position you are applying
- Requirements to be shortlisted for the Manager position include proven strategic thinking and planning with advanced managerial skills and experience
- Requirements to be shortlisted for the Head position include operational focus and proven managerial skills.
Closing date: 9 July 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at www.capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Posted on 28 Jun 09:50