|Location:||Cape Town, Northern uburbs|
Job descriptionThe logistics analyst will play a pivotal role in supporting and optimising distribution processes in the operation. The focus will be twofold: To create models and tools that translate operational activity into visible reporting metrics across all operations and stakeholders, engaging and holding stakeholders accountable for the delivery against agreed metrics and SLA’s, and to support end-to-end optimisation efforts in distribution to improve capacity and productivity. The Analyst will be responsible for the management of the day2day administrative functions across all logistics operations and working across the Distribution department and Warehouse Operations.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing in the role
- Work with national logistics operations in implementing product distribution analysis in the department.
- Create and manage tools and processes to support the distribution capacity planning process, acting in liaison with national inventory and project manager to proactively address potential capacity constraints.
- Create and utilise in-depth analytical tools to support issue resolution, decision making and strategic implementation.
- Build collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across the business to create, benchmark, and measure distribution service level KPIs and help teams incorporate metrics into day to day operations.
- Establish baseline and on-going understanding of logistics operations and productivity by channel; and support end-to-end optimisation effort in the department.
- Prepare presentations for senior management.
- Analyse and provide new logistics options to meet and support business goals.
- Perform rate analysis prior to rate negotiation with service providers and assist in cost reduction initiatives.
- Develop and share best practices with other teams.
- Analyse and generate regular performance reports to logistics management teams.
- Provide support to logistics management teams when needed in budget preparation and expense management activities.
- Assist in period audits and development of disaster recovery plans.
- Involve all stakeholders in Analytics
- Ensure that distribution performance measures are displayed and updated on DC boards.
- Manage any succession risks by identifying key personnel and develop appropriate succession plans with defined development initiatives to achieve career aspirations.
- Ensure adequate and appropriate departmental infrastructure is in place to deliver against KPA’s.
- Support the site SHE program
RequirementsA little about who you are
- Degree/diploma in logistics, supply chain, industrial engineering, management information systems or related field.
- Postgraduate studies advantageous
- Minimum of two years’ experience in the distribution and warehouse industry at specialist or management level
- Excel advanced
- Strong analytical skills
- Budgeting process experience
- Capable of developing clear and up-to-date procedural processes
- Previous experience in the retail industry advantageous
- Ability to engage with 3rd party providers, negotiation and resolution skills
- Flexible benefits to structure your own package
- Creative agile work environment
- Flexible working hours
Posted on 09 Jul 11:54