IT Project Manager
A deadline-driven IT Project Manager with exceptional multitasking ability is sought by a reputable Retail Group to take charge of the execution of multiple projects across the IT portfolio. You will provide frameworks and direction for projects to team members ensuring projects are planned & implemented in a structured manner within the constraints of scope, quality, time and cost, limiting project & business risk and maximising benefit delivery. The ideal candidate must possess a suitable 3-year tertiary or NQF aligned qualification & a Project Management Certification with up to 7 years' Programme and Project Management experience. You must also have managed at least 5 IT or IT-related projects through the complete project management lifecycle with a proven track record of delivering business application and infrastructure projects, be able to develop Business Cases or Feasibility studies, Risk and Issue Management & Agile Project Management experience.
Project Delivery Management -
- Take a project from inception (idea stage) and organise a plan to deliver all aspects of the final working solution.
- Define project objectives, scope, impacts, outputs, cost, benefits and success criteria in collaboration with business champions, business unit management and stakeholders and programme sponsor (where applicable).
- Manage the people, processes and technology required to deliver solutions effectively according to the project requirements.
- Lead cross-functional project teams by task assignment and follow up to ensure on-time completion.
- Ensure delivery of the required output(s) for each phase or stage.
- Create and control all project management related documents.
- Conduct post-implementation reviews (PIRs), define recommendations based on best practices and lessons learnt.
- Understand and ensure that the business requirements have been understood and correctly interpreted.
Issues and Risk Management -
- Identify and mitigate risks that may negatively impact the project.
- Escalation of key decisions, unresolved issues and risks.
Budget Control -
- Manage the project budget by forecasting requirements, analysing variances, and initiating corrective action.
People Management -
- Mentor team members on structured methodology and best practices.
- Provide regular and timely feedback to team members and their respective Line Managers.
Quality Management -
- Apply quality management principles and processes.
- Ensure all work is undertaken within the organisation standards and processes.
- Ensure required documentation is complete, current and stored appropriate.
Communication / Reporting -
- Conduct regular project reviews and accurately communicate the status of the project.
- Produce management reports using established IT Portfolio Management methodology.
- Establish and update plans with actuals and forecasts.
- Relevant 3-year tertiary or NQF aligned qualification.
- Project Management Certification.
- Up to 7 years' experience in Programme and Project Management
- Managed at least 5 IT or IT-related projects through the complete project management lifecycle
- Agile Project Management experience
- Proven track record of delivering business application and infrastructure projects
- Deep understanding and experience of IT Project Management methodologies
- Ability to develop Business Cases or Feasibility studies to justify initiatives for approval by the Executive team.
- Ability to align the IT Projects being executed to Business Requirements throughout the programs and projects lifecycle.
- Strong facilitation and communication skills at multiple stakeholder levels.
- Strong collaboration with internal and external stakeholders and partners.
- Strong leadership ability of direct and virtual teams.
- Proactive Risk and Issue Management skills.
- Ability to analy
Posted on 19 Jul 14:18
087 351 0743