Intermediate Microsoft Server Engineer
|Remuneration:||R650000 – R680000 per year|
|Company:||E-Merge IT Recruitment|
Job descriptionYou’re moving tech from monolithic to microservices and building the new technology from there. You’ll find a mix of open as well as closed source technology. You will find modern engineering practices, built upon many years of aggressive investment in technology. You will find lots of new software development but keep in mind, a site this size will always have something for you to maintain.
To provide day-to-day support within the IT Infrastructure operations environment, with the primary focus being on provisioning and support of physical and virtual servers as well as their respective applications. The role will encapsulate troubleshooting of both hardware and software related issues and execution of documented operational and maintenance procedures.
The reference number for this position is TM47516. It’s a junior permanent position based in Cape Town offering a salary of R680 000 per annum cost to company, negotiable based on experience. Contact Tlhalefang on or call her on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? E-Merge IT Recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the E-Merge website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!
- Installation, support and troubleshooting of Windows Server operating systems
- Installation, support and troubleshooting of Windows-based server hardware
- Active directory maintenance and support including the application of group policies and general directory maintenance
- Day to day maintenance and support of MS Exchange and Lync environments
- DNS and DHCP support and maintenance
- Patch management and anti-virus support
- Setup, maintain and support the VMware ESX environment
- Provide after-hours support as/when required
- Adhere to strict change control and project management procedures
- Provide support for and interact with the Retail and Institutional IT Ops teams to continuously enhance the environment
- Responsible for documentation of processes and procedures within the IT Infrastructure operations environment
- Minimum five years’ experience in a similar role (non-negotiable)
- Configuration, design and maintenance of Microsoft Exchange
- Configuration, design and maintenance of Active Directory
- Preferably have solid skills in PowerShell scripting
- Comprehensive working knowledge of all Microsoft Server operating systems and technologies
- Conversant with HP, Oracle Sun and Cisco server technologies
- Proven experience in a pressurised operations support environment
- Knowledge of operating system security
- Experience with NetApp SAN storage and Linux OS advantageous
- MCSE or MCITP
- Degree or Diploma in Information Systems advantageous but not essential
Posted on 08 Jun 11:45
011 463 3633