Head of IT Infrastructure
Your strong leadership, solutions-driven mindset and ability to articulate technical issues is sought by a fast-paced provider of cutting-edge Financial Solutions in the southern suburbs of Cape Town is looking to fill the critical role of a Head of IT Infrastructure. You will lead the IT Infrastructure division being responsible for provisioning, managing and maintaining the company's core technology infrastructure and services. You will also provide specialist technical expertise and support in installing, testing, tuning, optimising, and diagnosing infrastructure problems. The successful incumbent will require Higher Level Microsoft / Networking / Info Security qualification / accreditation, a Digital Cloud Certification, a Project Management qualification, be ITIL Certified and a CCNA or equivalent Network qualification. You must also have prior experience leading a team with a solid IT technical background and relevant experience in a similar environment including experience with VMware, UNIX, SANS/NFS, Exchange, Office 365 Tenant, Active Directory, SFTP, VPN, IPSEC.
- Responsible for the management and control of systems and network supporting the service functions.
- Ensure specialist technical expertise and support in installing, testing, tuning, optimising, and diagnosing infrastructure problems.
Management oversight and guidance related to -
- Configuration and maintenance of the network switches and routers.
- Server Maintenance / Support.
- Installation and setup of new servers when required by business and or when operationally needed.
- Patching / Upgrading of Servers.
- Maintenance / Support of Storage infrastructure including SANS / NFS.
- Maintenance / Support of Virtual Infrastructure including VMware / UNIX Containers.
- Database Administration / Support.
- Email Services (On premise Exchange / Office 365 Tenant).
- Directory Services (Active Directory - Group Policy).
- Internet Services (SFTP / VPN / IPSEC).
- Internet and Interbranch Connectivity.
- Monitoring of Business-critical systems and connectivity.
Capacity Planning -
- Ensure sufficient bandwidth to meet the company needs. (Internet / Inter-branch / Trading etc.).
- Ensure Servers have sufficient space / processing capabilities for business needs.
- Work with business to understand their current and future needs.
Safeguard all Data (Backups / Replication) -
- Grant and maintain network file share access.
- Maintain a 3-2-1 Backup strategy.
- Daily backup of Servers within the Primary data centre.
- Daily backup of Branch Office Data where applicable.
- Replication of Servers from Cape Town data centre to Stellenbosch DRP.
- Replication of Servers from Dublin data centre to Dublin DRP.
- Assist with the Annual IT Budgets to ensure that the budget reflects Infrastructure needs and requirements and that all Opex expenditure is catered for accordingly. Assist the relevant Companies regarding Opex / Capex requirements related to upcoming / ongoing projects.
- Oversee the Group ITSM solution to ensure incidents and requests for Infrastructure are dealt with timeously and meet business SLA's where applicable.
- Oversee projects related to infrastructure to ensure that they meet the business requirements and are actioned timeously.
- Maintenance of an asset register for all group assets (hardware and software), in line with procurement and decommissioning control procedure.
- Responsible for the leading, coaching, and managing of the infrastructure team. You will need to be a strong people leader who recognises that people (Talent) is the most important key to successfully scale a business and manage your team accordingly.
- Higher Level Microsoft / Networking/info security qualification/accreditation.
- Digital Cloud certification.
- Project management qualification.
- ITIL Qualification.
- CCNA or equivalent Network qualification.
- Previous experience leading a team.
- Solid IT technical background and relevant experience in a similar environment.
- Previous experience managing a bu
Posted on 11 Jan 14:58, Closing date 10 Feb
087 351 0743