Data Governance Analyst
|Location:||Cape Town, Mowbray|
Join the data office of a dynamic financial services group seeks a highly meticulous professional with a genuine passion to want to educate others and champion the importance of Data Governance to be their next Data Governance Analyst. Your role will entail making a crucial contribution to the design, implementation, maintenance and support of the Group’s Data Governance policies and systems, while ensuring its execution and establishing Data Governance as an Enterprise capability by facilitating the daily activities of the Technical and Functional Data Stewards. You will require a suitable 3-year tertiary/NQF aligned qualification, 5 years’ experience with Enterprise Data Governance programs, prior experience implementing or coordinating a Data Governance framework and operating model in complex environments, good knowledge of European and South African data related legislation: GDPR/POPI, BCBS 239, hands-on experience in the following Data Governance areas: data ownership, data stewardship, metadata management, data quality management, data privacy and protection, data policies and data standards. You must also have a strong understanding of IT systems and Data & Analytics environments, with an understanding of all elements of Data Engineering, Visualization, Analytics, Data Science and AI/Machine Learning.
- Champion the maintenance and improvement of data assets, making sure they know how to use data in a safe and compliant manner.
- Analyse and understand how data is managed and governed in data platforms, providing analytical expertise in the governance, interpretation and maintenance of data.
- Help design, implement and continuously develop an effective Data Ownership framework; work with Data Owners and Stewards to design and monitor KPIs relating to Data Management.
- Champion the Data Governance network, facilitating workshops and working groups to help engage with Data Owners, Stewards and Data Champions across the business, promoting a collaborative, cross-functional approach to data knowledge sharing.
- Work with the Data Platform team to make sure that Data Management best practices are fully defined and embedded.
- Partner with Legal and Compliance around data policies.
- Work closely with the Personal Finance Data Office, assisting the Data Governance Manager to localize key Data Management & Governance policies, artefacts and documentation.
- Relevant three-year tertiary or NQF aligned qualification.
- Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) Certification will be an advantage.
- At least five years of experience with Enterprise Data Governance programs.
- Prior experience implementing or coordinating a Data Governance framework and operating model in complex environments.
- Hands-on experience and in-depth knowledge in the following Data Governance areas: data ownership, data stewardship, metadata management, data quality management, data privacy and protection, data policies and data standards.
- Good experience in defining, designing and implementing policies, standards, guidelines, tools, metrics and standards for data management and governance framework.
- Strong understanding of IT systems and Data & Analytics environments, with an understanding of all elements of Data Engineering, Visualization, Analytics, Data Science and AI/Machine Learning.
- Good knowledge of European and South African data related legislation: GDPR/POPI, BCBS 239, etc.
- Proven track record of implementing innovative BI solutions leading to clear business benefits.
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholders across different decision-making levels, from executive to operational.
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills and the ability to build long standing trusted relationships.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to target="_blank and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://www.datafin.com . Datafin IT Recruitment - Cape Town Jobs.
Posted on 11 Jan 11:52, Closing date 10 Feb
087 351 0743