|Company:||E-Merge IT Recruitment|
A cutting-edge FMCG and one of Africa’s leading retail enterprises has an opportunity open for a data engineer to join their driven team.
The data engineer will be responsible for building and supporting data pipelines and data marts built off those pipelines. Both must be scalable, repeatable, and secure.
Data engineer will be required to facilitate gathering data from a variety of different sources, in the correct format, assuring that it conforms to data quality standards and assuring those downstream users can get to that data timeously.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, equivalent work experience
- AWS Certification at least to associate level
- Business Intelligence
- This role functions as a core member of an agile team
- These professionals are responsible for the infrastructure that provides insights from raw data, handling and integrating diverse sources of data seamlessly
- They enable solutions, by handling large volumes of data in batch and real-time by leveraging emerging technologies from both the big data and cloud spaces
- Additional responsibilities include developing proof of concepts and implements complex big data solutions with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analysing, and visualising large datasets
- They know how to apply technologies to solve the problems of working with large volumes of data in diverse formats to deliver innovative solutions
- Data Engineering is a technical job that requires substantial expertise in a broad range of software development and programming fields
- These professionals have a knowledge of data analysis, end user requirements and business requirements analysis to develop a clear understanding of the business need and to incorporate these needs into a technical solution
- They have a solid understanding of physical database design and the systems development lifecycle
- This role must work well in a team environment
Reference Number for this position is NN54027 which is a Permanent position based in Cape Town offering a cost to company salary of up to R1.1m per annum negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Nigel on [email protected] or call him on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The E-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the E-Merge website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!
Posted on 22 Nov 16:45, Closing date 21 Jan
011 463 3633