Big Data Developer
|Company:||E-Merge IT Recruitment|
A Sandton based Investment Bank is on the hunt for a Big Data Developer with a focus on Hadoop and Kafka.
This role provides an exciting opportunity to roll out a new strategic initiative within the firm—Enterprise Infrastructure Big Data Service. The Big Data Developer serves as a development and support expert with responsibility for the design, development, automation, testing, support and administration of the Enterprise Infrastructure Big Data Service.
Are you a seasoned Big Data Developer keen to join a truly African brand that has forged a new way of getting things done, driven by bravery and passion, with the readiness to realise the possibilities on our continent and beyond. Apply now.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering or Computer Science
- Background in computer science, engineering, physics, mathematics or equivalent
- Solid experience with BOTH Hadoop and Kafka
- Preferred: Experience with Scala or other functional languages (Haskell, Clojure, Kotlin, Clean)
- Experience with some of the following: Apache Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig, Oozie, ZooKeeper, MongoDB, CouchbaseDB, Impala, Kudu, Linux, Bash, version control tools, continuous integration tools
Reference Number for this position is LL54732 which is a permanent position based in Sandton offering a cost to company salary of up to R900,000 per annum negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Lindie on [email protected] or call her on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The E-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the E-Merge website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!
Posted on 20 Apr 13:08, Closing date 19 Jun