Big Data Developer
|Remuneration:||R450 - R500 per hour|
|Company:||E-Merge IT Recruitment|
A South African-based financial services group, offering personal and business banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking, wealth, and investment management, as well as bancassurance, is on the lookout for a big data developer,
The incumbent will be responsible for developing features, ongoing support and administration, and documentation for the service. The platform provides a messaging queue and a blueprint for integrating with existing upstream and downstream technology solutions.
- Diploma/BSc degree in computer science, engineering, physics, mathematics or equivalent
- Development and deployment of data applications
- Design & Implementation of infrastructure tooling and work on horizontal frameworks and libraries
- Creation of data ingestion pipelines between legacy data warehouses and the big data stack
- Automation of application back-end workflows
- Building and maintaining backend services created by multiple services framework
- Maintain and enhance applications backed by Big Data computation applications
- Be eager to learn new approaches and technologies
- Worked on Big Data platforms (Vanilla Hadoop, Cloudera or Hortonworks)
- Experience with Scala or other functional languages (Haskell, Clojure, Kotlin, Clean)
- Experience with some of the following: Apache Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig, Oozie, ZooKeeper, MongoDB, CouchbaseDB, Impala, Kudu, Linux, Bash, version control tools, continuous integration tools
Reference Number for this position is NN53139 which is on a contract position that is remote offering a rate of up to R500 per hour. Contact Nigel on [email protected] or call him on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? E-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the E-Merge website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!
Posted on 24 Aug 17:00
011 463 3633