|Company:||VMLY&R South Africa|
Job descriptionDo words like ‘mellifluous’, ‘lascivious’, and ‘dearth’ get you going?
Are you fastidious when it comes to the potential inferred meanings of some specific phrasing versus a slight variation? Do you pour over important emails before sending them, endlessly tweaking, adjusting, and perfecting your writing? Did it bother you that in the last sentence the correct word was actually ‘pore’ instead of ‘pour’? If any or all of the above is true, then you may be exactly who we’re looking for.
VMLY&R SA is on the hunt for a talented senior copywriter with loads of agency experience to join our Johannesburg team. The ideal candidate will be able to capture the imagination of an audience using the power of language and will work well with the creative and strategic teams to conceptualise and execute effective campaigns. A combination of attention to detail and unbridled creative thinking is imperative.
You at VMLY&R
- Writing copy for a variety of mediums including, but not limited to, social media, print, outdoor, radio, television, web content, and other digital (which is becoming increasingly diverse).
- Conceptualising creative, brand-appropriate solutions to meet strategic goals based on client briefs.
- Blue-sky concept brainstorming of proactive creative campaigns, both for existing and potential clients.
- Communicating effectively with clients in pitching ideas and concepts, as well as working with feedback constructively.
- An interest in and awareness of emerging trends in technology, advertising, and culture to inspire ground-breaking, innovative and culturally relevant creative ideas.
- More than five years of agency experience.
- Qualification in copywriting from a reputable educational institution is ideal.
- Must submit a portfolio of work, preferably via URL.
Posted on 05 Jul 18:01