- Work on a variety of client websites doing everything from update management and quality assurance testing to new feature development and implementation.
- You will scope incoming projects and provide accurate quotes for problem resolution or new feature creation. Most projects last days or weeks, but rarely months. And most projects start and finish on the same day.
- Common tasks might include debugging WooCommerce Subscriptions hiccups, building new landing pages, or designing a task automation system for internal sales lead flow. The day-to-day work is varied and ever-changing to deliver an exceptional experience to clients and the rest of the team.
- Minimum of five years' experience as a WordPress Developer.
- A strong grasp and understanding of the WordPress theme structure, template hierarchy, template tags, custom post meta, internationalization, and escaping/sanitization of data.
- Knowledgeable with Git version control and branching strategies (we use gitflow).
- A strong command of PHP, HTML, and Sass.
- Experience using the command line, as well as build tools such as Gulp and Webpack.
- Experience with the WooCommerce ecosystem.
- Able to write a WordPress plugin from scratch.
- A strong ability to communicate frequently and effectively through project tools such as Bitbucket, Teamwork, and Slack.
- Comfortable with communication in an asynchronous work environment (we use tools like Zoom, Teamwork, and Slack.).
- Strong familiarity with web server technologies such as Linux, MariaDB/MySQL, NGINX/Apache, PHP, Redis, Varnish, Memcached, etc.
- Experience with DevOps (server management, cloud technologies, deployment workflows, environment creation)
- Automation experience (strong experience with fast reliable deployment, continuous improvement, automated quality control (Regression Testing, CI, Selenium, etc.).
- You document and share your work, and always leave a project ready for a team member to collaborate on.
- Being flexible and adaptable to address high priority bugs or other issues as they arise.
- Willingness to participate in quarterly professional development to continue skills development.
- You'll need to be available from 3:00pm - 12:00am SAST Monday through Friday.
- Build tools like NPM/Gulp/Webpack
- PHP 7 (and 8 on the horizon)
- Local WordPress development tools such as Valet, DesktopServer, Local, or equivalent
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and enjoyment from helping others.
- Willingness to raise a hand and ask for assistance when it's needed.
- Personal accountability including completing tasks on time and communicating in advance if that's not possible for some reason.
- Able to ask smart questions that get to the core of the problem needing to be solved more quickly.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements.
Personal Skills/AttributesWordPress, Developer, DevOps, Cloud, Automation, Remote, PHP7, Gulp, Gutenberg, React, DesktopServer, Valet
Posted on 17 Aug 12:49
087 351 0743