Technical Specialist - Level 2/3
Serve as the highest point of technical escalation with a dynamic Managed IT Services Provider in Durban, taking charge of the entire product lifecycle as the next Technical Specialist. In this critical role, you will consult, design, implement & provide training as you handle both scheduled installations and emergency support for customers, either accepting and resolving tickets while you also assist with the sales cycle where required. The ideal candidate must have 5+ years of industry experience in IT with in-depth experience with Servers in an IT Support environment. You will also require VMware VCP (VMware Certified Professional) - VMware Expert (Understanding VMware Clustering and vSwitches), Windows Server, Exchange and Office 365 (Expert) - Must at least have a MCSA Windows Server 2016 or equivalent with experience setting up and troubleshooting issues, SAN experience (Expert) - Having installed, configured, and troubleshooted & completion of all stated internal and external training as per the individual Personal Development Plan.
- VMware VCP (VMware Certified Professional) - VMware Expert (Understanding VMware Clustering and vSwitches).
- Windows Server, Exchange and Office 365 (Expert) - Must at least have a MCSA Windows Server 2016 or equivalent - Experience setting up and troubleshooting issues.
- Minimum 5+ years of industry experience in IT, working with Servers in depth and in an IT Support environment.
- SAN experience (Expert) - Having installed, configured, and troubleshooted.
- Completion of all stated internal and external training as per the individual Personal Development Plan.
Ticket Handling -
- Review all assigned tickets and ensure scope of ticket is clearly understood.
- Request clarification if anything is unclear.
- Correctly log incidents and faults, categorising and prioritising them while ensuring to have a clear understanding of the problem.
- Monitor assigned service board if applicable.
- Ensure all faults are progressed and cleared within SLA - escalating where required.
- Deal with incoming faults in a professional, courteous manner over the phone and via email.
- Effectively manage customer expectations with timeous updates and clear telephonic communication to the clients' nominated point of contact throughout the support process.
- Important and urgent tickets are classified and categorised correctly then dealt with accordingly.
- Communicate critical level status to the Account Management team at regular intervals.
- Accept tickets, where possible, to assist in clearing queues.
- Co-ordinate all scheduled activities with the Service Coordinator.
- If required to be onsite, ensure all hardware, software and tools that might be required are in place before leaving for a customer site.
- Perform all onsite work in a timeous manner and arrange/confirm any schedule changes with the Service Co-coordinator.
- Maintain current, accurate notes of all issue resolution activities within Service Tickets including time logs.
- Verify all necessary information has been captured on the Service tickets prior to processing for billing.
- Verify all necessary information has been captured on the Service tickets prior to closing.
Technical Specialist Tasks -
- Complete respective Product Lifecyle within the organisation (Consult, Design, Implement, Training, Support).
- Be the highest point of technical escalation within the business for the respective products.
- Own the respective certification responsibility for the respective products.
- Own the relationship with the respective product vendor.
- Be a part of the decision-making team who decide what sells.
Proactive Tasks -
- Complete routine proactive maintenance where needed.
- Maintain and develop own knowledge and skills to assist with first time fault resolution.
- Attend to designated RMM tool notifications about issues with PCs before the client realises the problem.
- Actively research new product development within field of specialisation.
Posted on 05 May 12:31, Closing date 4 Jun