Stock Take Clerk
Purpose of the position
To process store stock take results, including investigations surrounding store stock take exceptions (store queries) and to resolve transporter claim related queries.
- Confirmation of store stock take results on the Store Stock Take System
- Handling and solving central office and field queries within an appropriate time frame, including queries arising from store stock, takes and any ad hoc requests for information from stores (i.e. pack slip detail, inter-branch transfers)
- Critically assess inventory-related risks:
- Resolve escalated inventory queries (mostly from stock takes) & minimize the risk of financial loss
- Escalate systems or process errors or improvements to the financial inventory analyst and/or Pepkor IT
- Processing of financial adjustments (i.e. adjusting (credit) store stock takes for insurance purposes) on the Store Stock Take System
- Monthly monitoring of transport claims through a verification process, providing the appropriate solutions to resolve the claim, including the facilitation thereof
- Daily monitoring of Point-of-Sale system errors and the resolution thereof
- Assistance in processing certain month-end adjusting journals to Smartstream
- Ad hoc reports and requests
- Grade 12 with Accounting
- One-year clerical experience within a finance department would be advantageous
- Understanding of end-to-end inventory processes
- Good financial administration knowledge and ability
- Intermediate Excel and/or Google Sheets skills
- Problem assessment, Communication skills (verbal and written); interpersonal skills, ability to work independently as well as in a team; attention to detail; ability to work under pressure and service orientated;
If you are interested and meet the minimum requirements, please submit your CV.
If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date of this position, please regard your application as being unsuccessful.
PEP strives for equal opportunity in terms of its employment equity guidelines.
Posted on 29 Mar 08:48