Software QA Consultant
A highly analytical and solutions-driven Software QA Consultant is sought by a fast-paced Software Specialist to initiate the Manual Testing process while assisting in signing off development work for release. You will help gather testing requirements and develop & execute Manual Test strategies, Test Plans, Test Cases and update the test cases as new features are released. You must possess a University Degree in Computer Science or similar field, have 2+ years' experience in Software QA Testing including working with complex integrated applications and proven results in coordinating End to End Tests. You will also need to be able to White Box Testing tools (e.g., SOAP UI), have working knowledge on Winscp, Total Commander, Tomcat, TestLink, Jira, Confluence, MS Office, Putty or any terminal tool and able to run SQL queries.
- Initiate the Manual Testing process against the platform.
- Work with the Dev / Functional Consultants / Technical Consultant teams to facilitate faster deployment with a lower bug rate.
- Be responsible for all aspects of Manual Testing and Quality Assurance on assigned projects.
- Work with Developers and end users to gather testing requirements and then develop and execute manual test strategies, Test Plan, Test Cases and update the test cases as the new features released.
- Work with internal and external customers to create, develop, and execute manual test plans based on the business directive and providing detailed defect analysis reports to these teams.
- Work with Automation Test Engineer to complete the automation different areas of the system.
- Be responsible for testing on QA and Customer Dev Int and support production issues raised by the Support team.
- Test cases creation based on customer requirements using test link tool.
- Test execution of Test Cases.
- Documentation of the test results using Confluence.
At 4 months to achieve:
- An understanding of what is required in terms of manual testing scenarios on QA environment.
- Create and run manual tests to "Run end to end Sale" (all types) on POS.
- Create and run test cases on new features/bugs.
- Able to setup environment for different countries and different tasks based on the requirement.
- Able to trouble shoot the environment challenges and report to Dev/Technical Consultants.
- Able to install/configure the local environment and support client-side installation/configuration.
- Understanding support and maintain local QA environment.
- Participate in QA meetings with other teams to analyse new features and bugs found.
- Help grow the list of test cases and scenarios as pre-emptive work for further Manual Testing.
- Understanding the full regression scenarios to complete a delivery within the QA team.
- Error mapping scenario plans (to later manual with mocked results).
- Sending the release notes on each release completion.
- University Degree in Computer Science or related.
- 2+ Years' experience in Software Quality Assurance Testing.
- Experience with complex integrated applications, proven results in coordinating End to End Tests.
- Ability to use White Box Testing tools (e.g., SOAP UI).
- Working knowledge on Winscp.
- Experience in Total Commander.
- Using Putty or Any terminal tool.
- Good relational database knowledge with - can run SQL queries.
- Understanding Tomcat application server functionality.
- Good understanding and working experience on TestLink, Jira, Confluence, MS Office.
- Experience in retail system solutions will be ideal.
- Strong technical IT skills for solution deployments on Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Strong logic and root-cause analysis skills to expedite the quality analysis phase of the project.
- Clear and focused configuration of business requirements using the Software retails solutions to
- achieve the designed business solution outputs.
- Automation Testing experience.
- A person who can work on their own with minimum superv
Posted on 07 Jun 19:27, Closing date 7 Jul
087 351 0743