Social Media/Digital Strategist
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
We have a fantastic job opportunity for a creative and forward-thinking, mid to senior Social Media/Digital Strategist to assist in managing the client portfolio at one of Cape Town’s most successful and established integrated PR consultancies. We’re looking for someone who will take charge of client’s Digital growth path in collaboration with the MD and Account Directors. The successful candidate will be tasked with delivering and expanding the agency’s Digital service offering (including Social, PPC, emailers, etc.). You will guide and oversee staff in the implementation of Digital projects for the agency, upskilling them in the process. You will be responsible for the development and support of all the agency’s Digital Marketing campaigns for clients that will align with PR and communication strategies. You will also be responsible for the oversight and management of agency teams in the coordinating and implementation of campaigns and must be hands-on when the need arises. The ideal applicant will have a mastery of current Social Media tools, platforms, networks, applications, and trends, and will be able to help effectively create and implement Social Media strategies for the integrated Digital campaigns.
- Responsible for the development of all Digital Marketing campaigns, briefing and oversight of implementation for the agency
- Planning and implementing paid Social Media and PPC campaigns
- In depth Analytics and reporting
- Project manage in detail the Digital Marketing campaigns and Social Media platforms (including Facebook pages, email, social media, search engines) for clients
- Strategic capability to answer client brief, question client to get the necessary information
- Budget planning and management for online campaigns
- Identify and recommend techniques and methods for enhancing the Digital integrated campaigns on electronic/online Marketing and /Communications.
- Compile briefs in an easy-to-use, clear, concise, comprehensible way
- Develop and maintain Social Media profiles
- Responsible for Social Media strategy content calendar formulation when required
- Publish approved messages/content through Social Media channels
- Drive traffic to websites using a variety of methods
- Implement Pay-Per-Click Advertising campaigns
- Monitor a company’s online reputation and presence, with strong reporting
- Design and publish email using approved content and message
- Craft email campaigns.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Digital Communications, Public Relations (preferred)
- 5-7 years of experience in web and Digital communications
- Agency experience essential
- Previous experience working on a portfolio of B2B/Corporate clients
- Design skills such as Canva, Photoshop, InDesign advantageous
- A basic knowledge of HTML/PHP/Python/UX/UI
- A thorough understanding of Web Analytics and tracking
- Collaborative team player
- Passion for the digital environment, online Marketing and enthusiasm for continued professional development
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and able to express themselves clearly.
- Confident, dependable and “can do” attitude
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent time management
- Ability to lead and manage people.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Company DescriptionVGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 29 Apr 08:35
+27 21 422 1037