|Remuneration:||Cost to company|
|Location:||Port Elizabeth, South End|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Job descriptionBoomtown is looking for a creative copywriter to join our dynamic, agile and solutions-driven team in Port Elizabeth. You will also be required to drive and write clear and concise messaging for through-the-line campaigns. Your words will inform and engage target audiences.
Our ideal candidate is a team-spirited, skilled and imaginative writer with an eye for detail. If you can grasp project requirements quickly and offer valuable insight, we’d like to meet you.
Submit up to three writing samples, so we can get an idea of your best work. Feel free to include links to your content or portfolio in your application.
- Strong conceptual big idea thinker
- Write copy for a variety of media including social, print, video, and online
- Edit and proof work to ensure high editorial standards are met across all content outputs
- Collaborate with creative teams to concept big ideas and write copy for key messaging on all campaign deliverables
- Drive brand consistency across all communications
- See projects through the whole creative process
Company DescriptionOur cultural roots and deep, on-the-ground market immersion ensures we deliver relevant creative solutions, understanding the people who make up South Africa’s main market, and connecting your brand with their hearts and buying behaviours.
Our strength lies in positioning global brands into Africa, as well as taking South African brands to the broader African market. We do this by creating standout brand presence through a deep on-the-ground cultural connection to the right market and its local catalysts.
At Boomtown, we see the power of people. Our people are the most valuable part of our business. They are insightful, world-class, creative, multidisciplinary, authentic and professional. We see all that they can be and endeavor to provide the best environment for them to thrive in.
See yourself fitting in?
Get in touch.
- Bachelor's degree in English, marketing, or communications
- Minimum of six years' experience in content marketing or copywriting, preferably with an agency
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Strong creative thinking skills and ability to think conceptually
- Comfortable working independently with little direction under tight deadlines
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills with a diligent eye for detail, language, flow, and grammar
- Proven ability to demonstrate brand voice
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent portfolio of work
- Ability to be permanently based in Port Elizabeth is non-negotiable
- Candidates who can start immediately will receive preference. There will be consideration Jan/Feb 2021 start
Posted on 19 Oct 13:04
0861 199 494
- Sovereign's quirky 'Be a worry boob' campaign raises funds for PinkDrive 13 Oct 13:14
- Boomtown enhances its digital service offering 01 Oct 18:02
- Boomtown change of guard drives agile structure for the new world of business 27 Jul 11:24
- Sovereign Foods digital community grows 10 Dec 13:50
- Netcash evolves brand with Boomtown following management buy-out 06 Dec 12:09