Senior Client Support Manager
|Location:||Cape Town, Remote|
My client, an innovative company specializing in technological upgrades within the educational sector seeks a driven and strategic-thinking Senior Client Support Manager. Your core role will be to drive superior product & technical support for business clients through systems, policies, procedures, and setting of goals. You will need a Post-grad or Bachelor's Degree in a technical field & be ISM/ITIL Certified with 10+ years' managing technical operations & teams & you will need to be up to date on client support service best practices and train staff accordingly.
Our ideal candidate will have proven experience working in a client support management position, show excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, have great communication skills, and be a role model and mentor to staff.
- Manage the day-to-day functions of support services teams including supervision of support team staff and responding to escalated client support issues.
- Hiring, coaching, development, and guidance of teams of professional technology support staff to build the necessary knowledge, skills, and capabilities required to deliver superior support services.
- Set performance targets and incentives for support service staff and conducting performance appraisals regularly, according to HR policies.
- Ensure that support team staff are informed of new information related to products, procedures, and trends, through ongoing training and the provision of other suitable resources.
- Work in partnership and collaboration with internal tier two teams and partner organisation to resolve client issues in accordance with SLA agreements and other contracted support deliverables.
- Develop a long-term, comprehensive strategy for the support function that is in line with the organisational strategy and that increases value while meeting the needs of customers, employees, and other corporate stakeholders.
- Work in partnership with business leadership, sales, services, and other departments to develop and implement high quality client support services that are aligned with client needs and business strategy.
- Design, develop, and implement comprehensive client support policies, processes, and systems using industry best practices and standards, such as ITSM/ITIL, to ensure support services are responsive, reliable, efficient, and enhance customer satisfaction.
- Develop and implement performance targets and a comprehensive reporting framework to provide the business and clients with performance data and insights for support services and supported products.
- Monitor and assess support metrics against applicable performance targets and service levels and prepare detailed reports to the business and clients on the findings on a regular basis.
- Drive regular, proactive engagement with clients, through CSAT surveys, evaluations, and other means, to determine the level of client satisfaction with support services.
- Develop, manage, and monitor the budget relating to client support services, ensuring adequate resources are available to deliver support service commitments, and that support services contribute to the profitability of the business.
- Post-Graduate and or Bachelor's Degree in a technical or business discipline.
- ITSM / ITIL Certification.
- Ten+ years of experience in managing technology operations and teams.
- Five+ years demonstrated success in leading a highly motivated, engaged technical support team.
- Strong experience of HR management principles, practices, and procedures related to technical support staffing.
- Extensive customer service leadership experience, preferably within a technical context or technology company.
- Experience delivering customer support services on a national, regional, and limited international scale.
- Proven success building and cultivating teams amid significant change.
- Proven success in building relationships with peers and executives to gain input and alignment to strategic vision and plans.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing new processes and transforming teams through improvement, performance management, realignment, and hiring to achieve higher performance levels.
- Work outside of normal business hours may be required occasionally when dealing with management activities and escalations
Posted on 04 Jul 21:15
087 351 0743