Senior Account Manager/Junior Account Director
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
|Remote work:||Some remote work allowed|
A fantastic, integrated creative agency based in Cape Town is on the lookout for an energetic Senior Account Manager or Junior Account Director who is passionate about their profession, to join their exceptional team for this hybrid working role. The portfolio you will work on in this super role includes a wide variety of established brands with a particular focus on South African wines, home interior product ranges, hospitality, and other exciting projects. We are looking specifically for a Senior Account Manager or Junior Account Director who is skilled in Strategic brand Management and has Digital expertise. As senior AM or junior AD, you will be required to actively contribute to client strategies for both existing and new clients, developing and maintaining long-standing client relationships and ensuring timely and high-quality delivery against client objectives. A passion for and understanding of digital and eCommerce is a must!
- Overall delivery of client briefs through active team management and distribution of workload
- Manage all day-to-day activities relating to the client account
- Understand the role of communication within the broader business context and development of the agency's relationship with the client, from advertising supplier to marketing communication partner to Brand Leader
- Ensure a clear understanding of the client's business requirements and translate this into clear deliverables for your team
- Ensure understanding of the relevant client contract and relevant legal/regulatory guidelines
- Ensure delivery of exceptional Creative solutions.
- Continuously provide input into the strategic direction of each client account and ensure communication of any directional changes to your team and the creative teams
- Seek opportunities to develop more business opportunities for your client, utilising additional services whenever possible
- Routinely review client account with management to assess business potential and profitability of account relationships
- Through close relationships with your client, continuously provide input into the strategic direction of each client account and ensure communication of any directional changes to your team and the creative teams
- Ensure that neither the agency nor the client veer off the strategy
- Debate and agree on final creative work.
- Work in partnership with the creative teams to provide excellent creative solutions for your client's needs at all time
- Work with all departments to improve efficiencies and delivery on all accounts.
- Ensure a balance between maximising profit on an account, presenting the agency in the best possible light and developing and executing the best possible work
- Ensure invoicing and financial administration of the highest standards to ensure timeous collection of income and collection of fees for the agency
- Provide weekly reports to relevant stakeholders
- Manage and oversee Client and project profitability.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Strategic/Digital Marketing qualification (preferably Degree)
- Preferably 4+ years’ experience within an advertising or design agency – non-negotiable
- Proficiency in Digital and eCommerce
- Experience in the wine industry is preferable
- A collaborative, problem solving, team-player attitude
- Good understanding of 360 campaign development
- Comfortable working independently under pressure of tight deadlines – good time management and organisational skills
- Able to balance many projects at once and easily switch between executing daily work and taking on larger, complex projects
- A diligent eye for detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Company DescriptionVGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 11 May 13:29, Closing date 10 Jul
+27 21 422 1037