|Remuneration:||Basic plus commission|
|Location:||Cape Town, Gardens|
Job descriptionTopco is seeking to add salespeople to our team. Ideally, the successful candidate will be placed in January 2020. Our hiring process is thorough but moves quickly for the right candidate.
You are an accomplished salesperson spending 60 - 70% of the month engaged with customers who is comfortable with occasional travel. You have an ability to prospect consistently on the phone, in person, and at company trade events. Knowledge of the media industry, primarily B2B and government including publishing, awards, conferences and digital, it is preferred, but not required if you have a history of sales success in a complex selling environment. You are adept at selling solutions that exceed R150,000 to upwards of R1,200,000.
You are well-spoken, can command a room's attention, and have high energy levels. People consider you a leader and consider a sales territory your personal business. You are accustomed to tracking your sales behaviour and metrics as a source of effectiveness and improvement, and are comfortable with CRM. While already operating at a high level, you understand and accept training and coaching as a source of constant growth.
You must have a verifiable history of earning in excess of R360,000 and a need to quickly surpass R 500 000. Our top earner in the field regularly surpass R1,000,000 in yearly earnings excluding company benefits. Salespeople who fail to earn at a high level are not kept at Topco, as our reputation, line of products, and sales leads provide ample opportunity for selling.
Please include a cover letter in your application with the answer to these questions:
- What do you consider the key to sales success?
- AND What is one of your greatest selling successes to date?
- Applications without this information in the cover letter will not be considered. Feel like this job is perfect for you but you don't fit the criteria? Sell us on why you should be hired anyway.
Topco is a leader in business-to-business and public sector media industry, where our primary services and product offerings, i.e. awards, conferences, publishing, data and digital, aim to reward, celebrate and recognise the best in South African business and public sector. For over 20 years, Topco has worked closely with our customers to engineer superior intelligent primary and secondary solutions. Our goal is to make our customers more competitive by becoming more efficient. Our installed base speaks for itself. We will not shy away from a project due to complexity: rather we address each component head on. Our access to global solutions makes Topco a forerunner in media today. Topco offers a competitive salary and full office support.
- Proven sales experience in selling in advertising.
- Lead generation and effective in winning new business.
- A willingness to continuously identify and develop new business opportunities.
- Passion for selling and target-driven.
- Outstanding written, verbal, editing and communication skills.
- Strong business acumen and ability to pitch USPs to key decision-makers.
- Ability to build relationships with external partners and approach external meetings with confidence.
Posted on 14 Apr 17:19
086 000 9590