Job descriptionThe sales manager role is devoted to growing Newzroom Afrika’s advertising revenue on all Newzroom Afrika’s platforms within South Africa. Leading on the end-to end sales cycle from initial idea generation, creating compelling sales presentations, to pitch, to closing the sale. The successful incumbent will report to the e xecutive : m arketing and sales.
- Be the lead conduit between Newzroom Afrika, advertising partners and sales and advertising agency.
- Develop strong relationships with direct clients and media agencies across South Africa.
- Provide the sales house with sales tools, innovate presentations and up-to-date programming information to win advertising budgets across the Newzroom Afrika platforms.
- Advise the Newzroom Afrika team on all advertising sales sponsorship opportunities.
- To assume a Channel Ambassador role for Newzroom Afrika when pitching sponsorship and advertising opportunities
- Create a reputation as trusted business partner and advisor in the SA advertising industry.
- Collaborate with Editorial, Marketing and Sales to create strategic. advertising initiatives lead on new advertising business opportunities and support Newzroom Afrika plans for growth in Africa.
- Establish solid and close collaborative working relationships with the local sales reps in DSTV Media Sales.
- Attend Editorial planning, Marketing and Operational meetings.
- Overseeing regular advertising campaigns on the channels and project managing the more complex advertiser funded content initiatives.
- Coordinate and collate financial monthly reports.
- Collate monthly forecast and quarterly financial reviews.
- Identify risks and develop contingency plans.
- Ensure all payments are paid on time.
- Significant TV advertising sales experience seeking to work for a news broadcaster.
- Proven experience as a Sales Manager.
- Proven track record of generating television sponsorship and advertising revenue.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a similar role.
- Exceptional presentation skills and ability to convey and sell ideas in a concise and articulate manager.
- Experience of interfacing with senior teams internally and externally.
- Ability of working with large teams and functioning independently.
- A record of high performance, meeting and exceeding targets.
- Knowledge of how television inventory is traded.
- Broadcast TV and PAY TV Network experience with an in-depth understanding; of monetizing content through Linear and digital platforms.
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse and deal with complex matters.
- Commercial awareness.
- Influencing skills.
- Excellent organisation and time management.
- The ability to take the initiative.
- A flexible and practical approach to work.
- Discretion and diplomacy.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels.
- Attention to detail and a well-organised approach to work.
- The ability to prioritise work and to work well under pressure.
- the capability to work with numerical information, plus analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Result driven
- Viewer centric
Company DescriptionNewzroom Afrika is a premier South African 24-hour TV news channel broadcasting in Southern Africa, East and West Africa.
Posted on 05 Jul 11:54