|Remuneration:||Basic plus commission|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Job descriptionTravelinfo is South Africa's premier business-to-business online travel information channel connecting suppliers and travel agents. Travelinfo is looking for an experienced sales executive to join their team. All you need is the ability to understand travel suppliers’ marketing and training needs and an ability to communicate effectively with their top executives. The person will be trained to bring in new online banner advertising contracts, new online workshops and new travel industry clients onto our reference site.
This person needs to be a hunter type salesperson.
“Hunters are responsible for finding and securing new business and doing their own prospecting and cold calling. They excel at generating and qualifying leads, have high energy levels and endurance. They are also hungry, ambitious and revenue-driven”.
- To research potential clients and bring in new business according to monthly targets
- Have a clear understanding of issues surrounding advertising, online media, client’s needs, and service expectations
- Minimum of five face-to-face meetings per week
- Attend industry and client functions
- Act as an ambassador for all Now Media products
Company DescriptionNow Media (Pty) Ltd, the largest travel trade publisher in Africa, has been committed to promoting travel and trade in the Southern African region since 1953. Based in Illovo, Johannesburg, Now Media prides itself on being an innovator of cutting-edge promotional products for the freight, travel and tourism industries. See more at: http://www.nowmedia.co.za
The company offers some time flexibility with regards to starting and ending your workday based on the position.The business has a half-day initiative, that enables staff to take a half-day off once a month should they work in 10 minutes a day. The company is generally seen as a positive workplace by current and past staff members.
- Must be able to gain access to advertising decision makers
- Target- and results-driven, being self driven is key
- Previous sales experience in the travel industry advantageous
- Previous ad sales experience or b-to-b sales experience
- Hunter type sales person – able to bring in new business (cold calling, etc.)
- Drivers License and own transport
- Matric essential and a tertiary business or marketing related qualification an advantage
- Experience in online media sales an advantage
- Experience on a CRM package
Posted on 18 Feb 11:27