|Remuneration:||negotiable Negotiable depending on experience|
|Location:||Johannesburg, Randburg .|
Job descriptionApplications are invited for the above-indicated vacancy within Newzroom Afrika. The incumbent will report to the news director .
Develop programs to support the organisation’s strategic direction by building grid strategy and schedules of programs for TV channels. Manage inventories of contents, and plan programs schedules for channels, by using audience analysis and marketing data. The programming manager reports to the news director.
- Designs programming strategies and manages the on-air schedule to ensure the best possible programming line-up to maximise audiences. (types of stories viewers resonate with, granular content that rates well as per viewership data, longer form content that performs well on air etc).
- Manages the on-air schedule to ensure the best possible programming line-up to maximise audiences.
- Determines the line span of all content on air and designs repeat schedules that maximise viewership.
- Designs and overall audience retention strategy.
- Structures throw-forward standard operating procedures for the newsroom in line with the overall audience retention strategy.
- Supplies overnight reports daily on viewership data / stats to the Managing editor, Editor in Chief, and News Director.
- Designs and oversees continuous on-air promo scheduling beats.
- Oversees the acquisition of content including previews and evaluation of all third-party content when acquiring it.
- Oversees and ensures that the broadcast quality and look and feel of the overall NATV on-air product is continually of a high standard.
- Commissions, oversees, and acts on continual qualitative and quantitative research about the channel’s on-air product.
- Prepares programme analyses for the News Director and the CEOs. These will include regular individual programme evaluations.
- Oversees the co-ordination of NATV’s broadcast traffic and logging activities as it relates to programme scheduling. (This includes overseeing that we have FC sheets, music cue sheets, log sheets etc for all editions of each programme).
- Develops alternatives to planned schedules; authorises last minute changes and replaces material for broadcast whenever necessary.
- Participates in the development of NATV's overall goals, policies and procedures as it pertains to the on-air product.
- Uses broadcast scheduling software in line with international industry best practice.
- Leads the creative, content production (promos, granular, long form), content rights and scheduling departments in the pursuit of creating the best possible NATV on-air product.
- Liaises with the newsroom via the News Director and collaborates with the production and resources, digital, technical, sales, communications/marketing, archiving, technical and operations departments to strengthen the streamlining of company workflows.
- Oversees NATV’s compliance with all content use regulatory agencies in broadcasting; i.e., BCCSA, ICASA SAMRO, SAMPRA, RISA and all other official formations which govern television broadcasting in all territories NATV broadcasts.
- Implements the Fail Safe Off Air SOP
- Builds an evergreen library to pre-empt festive/holiday schedules, as part of the overall programming strategy.
- Create an Annual forward planning calendar for programming and align with news
- Maintains third party broadcasting relationships in NATV’s broadcast regions to build on the channel’s viewership across the African continent.
- Viewer centric
Company DescriptionNewzroom Afrika is a premier South African 24-hour TV news channel broadcasting in Southern Africa, East and West Africa.
Minimum requirements and professional qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Broadcasting, Communications, or related field
- Five years’ experience in program evaluation, acquisition and scheduling of television programs;
- Proven experience in program management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a creative and strategic thinker
- Professional business acumen
- Analytical ability and outstanding problem-solving skills
- Excellent ability to lead and manage teams
- Continually drive effective results
- Brilliant interpersonal skills
- A self-starting attitude and an open outlook
- Resilience under pressure and against deadlines
- Leading and managing teams
- Ability to meet multiple objectives and tight deadlines in an environment with little supervision
Posted on 13 Jan 12:52