Professional Officer - Events Planning
|Company:||City of Cape Town|
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. In line with the City’s corporate employment equity and diversity strategy, equity policy, plan and targets, preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups.
Safety and security - Events
Professional officer: events planning
Basic salary: R417,967 per annum • Ref no: SS 55/21. Civic Centre Cape Town
- Relevant BTech or first degree
- Minimum two (2) to five (5) years' experience within events planning environment
- Computer literacy
- A valid drivers licence
- Must be willing to work outside of normal working hours
- Must be willing to travel to various locations for work purposes
- Ability to engage with a range of stakeholders.
Key performance areas:
- Driving the negotiation and contracting of rights and benefits of sponsored events and delivery against agreed objectives
- Researching and identifying new events of interest for the City, prepare detailed documentation and present these for review and consideration
- Analysing statistical data and formulating recommendations for line management consideration
- Identification and development of successful relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Project managing the events support application process
- Drafting reports for Portfolio Committee, Mayco and Council as necessary
- Facilitating the development of projects, systems, policies and procedures and their implementation, working with other professionals from the same or related disciplines
- Coordinating and facilitating working groups on issues of common concern.
- Responding to queries and requests for services from clients.
- Assisting with the preparation of budgets and progress reports per event
- Effectively measuring, monitoring and reporting on relevant project and sponsorship budgets.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 3 December 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at www.capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
Posted on 22 Nov 10:36, Closing date 3 Dec