PR Account Manager - Corporate/B2B
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
A terrific opportunity has opened up for a passionate Account Manager at a leading PR Group’s Cape Town office. The role will see you working predominantly on Corporate B2B clients. We’re looking for someone with strong media relations experience, excellent writing and great client service skills. Is it you?
- Develop, with Director, strategic and tactical client programmes
- Lead journalist relationship-building initiatives within the team across various media sectors
- Identify and build relationships at multiple levels within clients
- Build high-level knowledge of client’s market sector
- Identify trend topics/events related to clients and suggest ways to participate
- Utilise social listening tools to generate insights and suggest new ideas and tactics
- Manage events including preparation timelines, finding a venue and managing suppliers
- Attending events to Tweet live to drive engagement and encourage participation.
- Provide media relations support for clients during events
- Participate in client meetings, managing meeting protocols, agenda, etc.
- Plan and participate in client review meetings with team
- Develop a consulting/advisory capability with client wherever possible
- Identify early account problems and act/advise solutions, in conjunction with Director
- Support Director to ensure smooth running of existing accounts and new business
- Effectively manage own time and that of junior staff
- Support company culture; actively seek new, smarter ways of doing things
- Be seen as an ambassador for the company
- Work with Director to finalise programme and budgets for client
- Maintain an in-depth interest / knowledge of current affairs; look for links, opportunities to position company to client as appropriate
- Seek and develops opportunities for organic growth of existing business
- Demonstrate strong proposal writing and pitch preparation skills in conjunction with Director
- Demonstrate advanced presentation and influencing skills
- Hold in-depth knowledge of competitive landscape
- Build high-level analytical and research skills
- Become a role model for junior staff
- Support team development and staff team and project planning
- Conduct appraisals for junior staff
- Contribute to and participates in personal development activities for junior staff (i.e., via coaching, workshop development etc.)
- Actively look to maintain and build positive working relationships.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Strong Media relations experience
- Strong writing skills - Able to write persuasively, creatively pitch stories and identify/develop story opportunities
- Strong client service skills
- Able to apply communications techniques beyond media relations in response to client briefs, including viral and web PR techniques
- Show excellent communication skills: express ideas and articulate concepts, recommendations, etc. in client or team meetings
- Able to demonstrate a self-starter approach
- Able to demonstrate innovation and creativity.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Company DescriptionVGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 12 Mar 04:31
+27 21 422 1037