PR Account Executive
|Remuneration:||R13000 – R15000 per month TCTC|
|Location:||Cape Town, Woodstock|
|Company:||Magna Carta Public Relations|
Job descriptionIn your role as a public relations (PR) account executive, you'll manage the information between organisations (business-to-business, or B2B) or individuals, and the general public.
Your aim will be to influence public opinion or behaviour, or promote the profile and reputation of your clients to their intended audiences, through news items, press releases and product placements but without the use of paid advertising.
As a PR account executive, you'll need to:
- generate positive news coverage, achieving free product placement in broadcast, print and new media, and placing spokespeople as commentators
- liaise with clients and the media daily, often via telephone and email
- build strong relationships and networks with colleagues, clients and the media
- monitor the media, including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires, social media sites and blogs, for opportunities for clients
- work as part of an account team to develop client proposals and implement the PR activity
- prepare regular client reports and attend client meetings
- research, write and distribute press releases to targeted media
- promote news stories and features to the media, known as 'selling in'
- collate, analyse and evaluate media coverage
- manage events, including press conferences and promotional events
- attend and promote client events to the media
- assist with the production of client publications, such as in-house magazines
- commission market research
You'll need to demonstrate:
- interpersonal skills, good presentation skills and confidence
- excellent written communication skills
- flexibility, determination, enthusiasm and the ability to cope under pressure
- good teamwork and negotiation skills
- the ability to think strategically and good analytical skills
- business awareness and a good knowledge of current affairs
- excellent organisational skills, with the ability to work on more than one project at a time
- creativity and imagination
Must have a Degree in related field:
- communication and media studies
- English and creative writing
- social sciences.
Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role at a PR agency.
Posted on 06 Nov 09:54