Company DescriptionVGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
PR Account Director - Corporate/B2B Portfolio
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
A fantastic opportunity has opened up for a dynamic Account Director at a leading international PR Group’s Cape Town office. This exciting role will see you working predominantly on Corporate B2B clients. We’re looking for someone with Corporate B2B PR agency experience, ideally in the financial sector, who has managed a team. Your strong strategy skills, media relations experience, excellent writing and great client service skills will give you the edge. Apply today!
- Client relations: Demonstrate excellent client relationships, ability to manage their expectations and to mitigate risks and issues as early on as possible, while guiding them in a strategic direction appropriate to their goals.
- Client meetings: Drive participation in client meetings, ensure your team manages meeting protocols, agendas, minutes/contact reports, etc.
- Understanding: Perfect a detailed, thorough, and informed understanding of your clients’ businesses and knowledge of their competitors, for effective idea generation. Demonstrate value to your clients by keeping them abreast of competitor news and encourage same within your team.
- Reviews: Take overall responsibility for planning, compiling, and editing of client review documents/presentations/ reports, and lead/participate in client review meetings with your team.
- Billing: Accurately review billing arrangements for clients, and ensure monthly billing is done timeously by your team.
- Profitability: Track hours and billing closely to ensure your stream is profitable.
- Time sheets: Ensure your team (including you) demonstrates effective time recording and reporting (daily, accurate data logged on Chase, as per Group deadlines).
- Coverage: Ensure daily coverage tracking, regular reports and timeous client coverage updates are executed by your team.
- Reporting: Ensure quality, timeous monthly reports are delivered by your team, and drive new reporting ideas, processes, and efficiencies wherever improvements can be made.
- Demonstrate an ability to identify opportunities for new business and organic growth of existing business and business retention.
- Display an ability to draft excellent proposals and pitch presentation skills.
- Focus on developing solutions to business problems for clients, and where possible, see how solutions can be driven within the work that you do for clients.
- Assist with key staffing decisions, including facilitating/managing interviews where necessary.
- Demonstrate an ability to act as a leader, role model and mentor for junior staff, and be an ambassador for the company.
- Conduct appraisals for team members.
- Drive personal development activities for junior staff
- Actively look to maintain and build positive working relationships with colleagues.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- PR agency experience
- Managed a team
- Corporate/B2B Client experience (financial services experience advantageous)
- Account management experience
- Able to delegate
- Project management skills
- Able to sell ideas
- Strategy skills
- Writing skills
- Media relations experience
- Pitching skills
- Research skills
- Up to date with industry news
- Proactive upskilling
- Proactive learning
- Time management.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Posted on 11 May 16:15
+27 21 422 1037