Motion Graphics Designer
|Remuneration:||Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
We have a fantastic job opportunity for a mid-weight Motion Graphics Designer at a leading advertising agency in Johannesburg. We are looking for a talented Motion Graphics Designer to create conceptual designs, develop storyboards, collaborate with the team, edit and then implement a graphic. This successful candidate must have high-end digital skills and be an expert with interactive media software, which could include graphic design and video editing to 2D and 3D animation. In this role you will make sure that the picture or artwork to any creative campaign is done correctly and then multiply it with the power of video animation. Sound good? That’s because it is! Get in touch.
- To present work internally and externally in a clear and professional manner
- Design and create enticing motion graphics for video deliverables
- Prepare design plan, concept and layout for motion graphic project
- Create and deliver motion graphics in various media including web, mobile, etc.
- Work with art and creative teams to understand project scope and objectives
- Assist in selecting audio, video, colours, animation, etc for graphic design
- Work with Art Directors, Copywriters, Editors, Producers and other Designers to resolve technical and/or design issues
- Edit raw video footage and add effects/elements to enhance motion graphics
- Research and analyse best design techniques and solutions to create motion graphics
- Assist in designing motion graphics from storyboards
- Maintain and follow best practices for versioning control, naming convention and organisation of graphic and video files
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge about latest graphic design techniques
- Ensure compliance with company guidelines and design standards
- Support the design and illustration team with photo editing, illustration and icon design transformed into digital animated assets
- Create clear goals for yourself and set out to achieve them
- Actively support and involve team members at the appropriate time to resolve issues
- Encouraged all members to look for collaborative ways to make the agency a great place to work.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Multimedia Design or Animation
- At least 4 years graphic design work experience including video production, motion design and animation
- An impressive portfolio/showreel showcasing high-end digital design skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to comprehend and uphold brand style guidelines of our clients, producing work of a suitable style and standard
- Ability to solve an array of challenges through visual design
- Able to mediate creative problems to arrive at the best solution
- Manage time effectively, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented individual who reviews his/her work carefully, quality control is key
- Present creative work, absorb feedback in a positive manner and accomplish required changes
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaborate with a team
- Professional demeanour with high degree of comfort speaking with internal clients
- Able to develop digital content designs into rich media, animated GIFs, cinemagraphs, animations and motion graphics using the Adobe Suite
- An impressive portfolio reflecting strengths in motion graphics, typography, layout and design
- Able to execute motion and static brand design content for clients
- Understanding of 3D software environments for rendering and simple videos and animations - a valued plus
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Adobe Illustrator
- MS Office 365 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Teams)
- 3D Motion design packages such as Maxon Cinema 4D including 3D Modelling, Rigging, Lighting, Texturing, Animation, Composition and Rendering – Desirable
- Grading packages such as Davinci Resolve – Desirable
- Spark AR - Desirable
- Mac and PC literate.
Please submit a link to your relevant portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application for this specific role unsuccessful.
Company DescriptionVGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 08 Apr 15:39
+27 21 422 1037