Mid/Senior Packaging Graphic Designer
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have an exciting job opportunity for a talented, mid-weight Packaging focused and Branding Graphic Designer at a leading retailer’s internal in-house studio in Cape Town. The role exists within the retail sphere and calls for a designer with superb design skills, conceptual ability and relevant experience to create beautiful, effective work. If this sounds as fabulous to you as it is, we’d love to chat.
- Interpreting of briefs to the brief objectives
- Layout and design with the ability to carry a project from concept to completion
- Ensuring consistency of all design material to brand guidelines
- Meticulous attention to detail & ability to problem solve in a challenging retail environment
- Presenting concepts – when necessary
- Constantly enhancing the creative to ensure the brand stays relevant
- Working closely with creative team and Creative Manager to develop effective marketing communications
- Thorough understanding of the repro (DTP) process
- Staying abreast of design trends
- Researching product trends and competitor product offering to adapt current promotional creative
- Efficiently managing and checking own output and motivating junior creative(s)
- Participating in brainstorming sessions
- Providing support to the line manager.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in graphic design or visual communication
- 5+ years’ experience in a packaging graphic design role within a design studio or agency
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite 6 (InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop)
- Mac operating system
- Strong Photoshop ability – beneficial
- Ability to multitask
- Deadline driven
- Retouching and illustrative ability – desirable
- Organisational and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work quickly and accurately
- Working knowledge of print processes, finished art and repro skills
- A team player.
Please submit a relevant portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within 10 days, please consider your application for this specific role, unsuccessful.
Company DescriptionVGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 09 Feb 18:45
+27 21 422 1037