Merchandise Planner - Ladies Apparel
|Company:||Cape Union Mart|
Job descriptionAn opportunity has become available at our Head Office (Cape Town) within Cape Union Mart for a Merchandise Planner (Ladies Apparel) within the outdoor division.
Our ideal candidate should possess strong analytical, logical reasoning and numerical abilities. The successful candidate will have the ability to align with the company vision, be self-motivated and actively involved in the planning process in the applicable area of responsibility. In addition, the successful candidate should have the high energy levels, resilience and confidence required for this fast-paced, exciting and dynamic retail environment.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Contribute to achieving Turnover, GP and Stock budgets and other KPI’s.
- Post Seasonal analysis, Strategic Planning, Range and Assortment Planning.
- Budgeting and forecasting in order to maximize sales and profitability.
- Stock control and distribution whereby you ensure that the product assortments, volumes and store and product attributes are maximized.
- Raising of orders and submitting consolidations
- Liaising effectively with stores, suppliers, customers, shipping and marketing
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- One to three years’ experience as a Merchandise Planner or Junior planner within a retail environment
- Matric and graduate qualification in a related field
- Microsoft Office proficiency with advanced Excel
- Reporting systems
- Proficiency in Enterprise Planning would be beneficial
- A passion for keeping up to date with product trends
- Good articulation with excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Sound numerical, analytical thinking and logical problem-solving skills
- Strong merchant, trader and commercial mentality
- A Team Collaborator with strong strategic and forward thinking
- Strong planning, organizing, administrating and coordinating skills
- Ability to work independently, self-lead and use initiative
- Methodical, detail-orientated and accurate
- Deadline and outcomes focused
- Resilient and tenacious in a pressurized, fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Ability to resolve conflict
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with all levels of the organization
- An eagerness to learn
Posted on 11 May 13:50