Media Network Brand Manager
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
Look sharp - opportunity of a lifetime ahead! One of the world’s foremost and desirable pop culture lifestyle/FMCG brands has an exciting opening for a savvy Media Network Brand Manager to work at their Cape Town offices. The successful candidate will have comprehensive Brand Management experience and will be responsible for providing media & content expertise to complement and evolve the local organisation’s marketing mix in partnership with Brand, Sports and Culture Marketing. Ultimately this is a hybrid role that calls for experience in broadcast/digital & traditional content as well as PR. The ideal candidate must have worked for a television broadcaster, more particularly in the ‘entertainment’ broadcast space. Ideally, you’ll have worked with sport and culture content including dance and music. You must have a comprehensive network of broadcast connections as you will be responsible for distributing and selling content to the various networks as well as forming partnerships with them. It is essential that you are conceptual and able to come up with innovative ideas for programming. While the focus of this role is on Broadcast, you’ll preferably have PR and Content experience. This is a Senior role that calls for experience in managing a large team.
Don’t miss out on this stimulating and inspiring work opportunity. If you think it’s as exciting as we do, get in touch today!
- The Head of Media Network is responsible for proactively leading all aspects of content development, programming, communications (and production management).
- Understands how to build audiences and is responsible for growing engagement by reaching more people, more often and longer on their owned and managed 3rd party (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.) channels.
- Develops and executes the country’s strategic media direction by building a year-around engagement plan to deliver relevant and surprising content to the key audiences defined by the country
- Identifies great story opportunities coming from the market and puts audience plans into action together with Sports, Brand and Field Marketing of the local organisation
- Creates and curates engaging ’beyond the ordinary’ content that excites and inspires an evolving consumer base
- Ensures that team develops and is constantly aligned with the global audience- and media approach incl. events, opinion leaders and athlete & artists projects
- Leads the country organisation in developing innovative media network plans, utilising strengths and differences of various partner platforms for programming and distribution as well activation of relevant media partners for communications
- Tracks digital development of the industry and motivates team to stay ahead of curve by constantly evolving our story telling and digital platforms to optimise our consumers’ experience to watch our content anywhere, anytime and in any way they want
- Contributes the media and content expertise of the Media Network to further develop events and athletes/artists projects to tell the stories to bigger audiences.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A senior media professional with an extensive media network in the South African market
- Minimum of 12+ years’ experience in Media, Communications, or Strategy in Media led companies
- Previous Brand Management and Television Broadcast experience
- A proven track record in leading teams and projects in Media and Content business with proven ability to successfully develop audiences
- Extensive managerial experience as you will be managing a senior team
- A strong creative and operational background
- Proven ability to lead and manage highly effective teams and understands the global stakeholder inter-dependency
- Previous global stakeholder involvement – essential
- Previous Lifestyle, FMCG Brand experience - advantageous
- Ability to think strategically on how to build audience engagement
- Is a story seeker that identifies year-around stories with a true media potential
- Knows how to set an authentic and credible content strategy in the sports, culture and entertainment space while surprising with new categories to deliver beyond traditional topic fields
- Understands different strengths and weaknesses of partner platforms and utilises them to maximise engagement
- Understands and educates the organisation on media consumers and their constantly changing consumption behaviours
- Proven leadership qualities and presentation skills
- Very equipped to build relations in all fields of media, digital platforms and entertainment
- An agile, team player that knows how to get the work done
- Works with passion and motivates others around him/her.
Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged candidates.
Please submit your salary expectations and quote the job reference code (#Tam498) in your email subject line on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Company DescriptionVGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 03 Mar 12:01
+27 21 422 1037