To lead on facilitating the development and implementation of Amnesty International South Africa’s (AISA’S) brand, media, communications and social media strategy in order to advance the organisation’s human rights agenda and raise awareness of AISA’s work to promote and protect human rights and growth the movement in South Africa.
* Manage all AISA media accounts and for producing and curating content that reflects communications priorities and key messages and speaks effectively to the audience.
* Monitor and moderate comments on social media posts, intervening as appropriate to answer questions and guide the conversation.
* Build long-term relationships with influencers and key stakeholders.
* Produce social media content, including photos and short videos, that showcase AISA’s campaigns and focus areas.
* Train relevant members of the AISA team to use media effectively.
* Develop high-impact social media content including graphics, videos and other multimedia formats that effectively inform and engage external audiences and supports AISA’s media and advocacy campaigns.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* At least 5 years working experience in a similar position
* Degree in Marketing, Media, Public Relations or Communications
* Excellent portfolio with proven track record of successful project management examples.
* Photo and video-editing skills.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
* Outstanding organizational and time-management skills.
* Experience in web design and content production.
* Use of technology and software.
* Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
* Represent the organization and interact with all media houses.
* Meticulous attention to detail.
* Excellent computer skills including, but not limited to, MS Office, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro, Slack and Trello.
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 7 million people who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all.
We reach almost every country in the world and have:
* more than 2 million members and supporters who drive forward our fight for rights
* more than 5 million activists who strengthen our calls for justice
Our aim is simple: an end to human rights abuses. Independent, international and influential, we campaign for justice, fairness, freedom and truth wherever they’re denied. And whether we’re applying pressure through powerful research or direct lobbying, mass demonstrations or online campaigning, we’re all inspired by hope for a better world. One where human rights are respected and protected by everyone, everywhere.
At Amnesty International, we are passionate about what we do and we are proud of our achievements as a movement. To compensate our employees for the critical work they do, we reward them through a combination of an attractive and sector competitive salary and benefits package, high levels of engagement and involvement, and a commitment to employee development.
WHAT WE HOPE YOU WILL DO NEXT
If you are talented, passionate about human rights and want to use your skills, knowledge and experience to change the world then we would encourage you to click ‘Apply for this Role’ below.
Freedom, Justice, Equality. Let’s get to work.
N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities.