|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
We have a fabulous role for a multi-talented Marketing Manager at an exquisite, high-end luxury hotel in Cape Town. This is a managerial role that requires creating brand awareness and ensuring the brand stays consistent and true to itself. The role also focusses on the promotion of the hotel on a local and, more importantly, international level to effectively drive revenue. You will be required to assume responsibility for marketing the hotel with the use of the digital platforms, communicating the brand messaging across the guest experience and increasing bookings. The role encompasses traditional marketing, digital marketing and communications while creating and increasing brand awareness. We’re looking for someone passionate to nurture the brand back to life and amplify it in preparation for the year-end season. The ideal candidate is charismatic and au fait with marketing extremely high-end, luxury brands. The successful candidate will join a close-knit family team who live and breathe the brand. Is it you?
- Develop the marketing strategy and ensure a consistent image is being portrayed
- Be proactive in developing publicity opportunities and effectively dealing with media
- Create ongoing in-house promotions and activities to stimulate sales, staff and customers
- Maintain and update all necessary internal and external stationery/signage
- Ensure that all marketing material is relevant and up to date
- Ensure all marketing material correspond with marketing team and external uses like website and social media
- Build relationships with partners and grow the database
- Create and send regular newsletters and mailers
- Guide business decisions by staying on top of trends
- Work with the agency to build an online audience through website & social media - stay up to date with the latest web technology and create brand awareness through website and online channels
- Brief the digital agency to manage content creation – blogs, captions, website copy, photo and video shoots as well as the content schedule
- Ensure the continued management of social media marketing - creating and implementing a strategy with the brand messaging in mind, paid and unpaid as well as the community management and managing reviews
- Managing and updating of the website. Give direction on web content. Working with the digital agency to improve performance through design and functionality
- Increase direct bookings with a strategy to increased traffic to website.
- Establish the hotel’s key communication message and plans to get this message across trade, media, direct customers, public relations, advertising, trade shows, website, social media and digital marketing
- Design and develop the most effective collateral and communications content to meet the needs of our changing marketing environment and to equip our sales team, affiliations, trade, direct consumers
- Setting criteria for hosting journalists and influencers based on negotiate deliverables
- Liaise with outsourced PR agencies with regards to press releases and providing information for journalists
- Crisis management.
- Review the brand strategy to make sure it is in line with the vision and values of the brand and to build awareness and drive sales
- Effectively communicate our brand and implement our brand guide
- Work with designers to ensure consistent brand experience throughout the customer journey from the website to our communications and on property collateral
- Create brand awareness and make sure the brand stays consistent and true to itself
- Increase awareness by working with our international PR to get coverage in primary targeted markets and publications
- Increase brand awareness of the hotel in these key markets by focusing on unique selling points.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a Marketing Manager role on a high-end luxury brand – essential
- Very high-end hospitality experience is ideal (but someone who has luxury brand experience will also be considered)
- Charisma - able to eloquently hold conversations with guests
- Engaging and able to represent a high-end brand
- Passion for high-end hospitality
- Able to comfortably slot into a close-knit family team.
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Company DescriptionVGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 21 Jun 14:18
+27 21 422 1037