|Remuneration:||R18000 – R25000 per month Negotiable depending on experience|
|Location:||Cape Town, Observatory|
|Company:||Cape Town TV|
Job descriptionTV channel is looking for a passionate and motivated individual to handle marketing and community engagement for this non-profit organisation.
Duties and responsibilities
- Coordinate consultation and community engagement with stakeholder groups.
- Develop and coordinate a collective marketing plan leading up to the launch of new digital platforms.
- Develop community engagement strategies for all in-house shows.
- Undertake audience research including Facebook surveys.
- Develop new brand, logo, look and feel.
- Oversee the production and distribution of new marketing materials.
- Ensure that regular newsletters are written and distributed.
- Develop and coordinate brand activation events.
- Develop and manage media partnerships.
- Ensure that the organisation’s website is maintained with up-to-date content.
- Ensure that the organisation’s presence is maintained on Facebook and other social media.
- Provide engaging copy for social media content.
- Manage the brand’s overall presence on social media, ensuring content is on-brand, and protecting the integrity of the brand where necessary.
- Constant monitoring of comments, messages, posts, and questions from the public and responding to them timeously and in a manner that resonates with the channel's brand values.
- Manage and mentor junior staff members and interns.
Company DescriptionCommunity television broadcaster
- Tertiary qualification in marketing, media or PR.
- At least five years of professional working experience in marketing or PR.
- Management experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to respond appropriately to unexpected challenges and shifting priorities.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of all major social media platforms essential.
- Proven experience in identifying target audiences and in creatively devising and leading across the channel's marketing campaigns that engage, educate and motivate.
- A sense of aesthetics and a love for great copy and effective communication.
- Proficiency with online marketing and social media strategy.
- Experience of working in an NGO environment.
- Experience in a media environment.
- Experience in website management.
- Ability to create graphics.
- Experience in photography.
- Takes initiative and has a can-do attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Works hard to contribute to the success of the marketing department.
- Team player.
- Works well under pressure.
- Strong management and organization skills.
- Must be deadline-driven.
- Can multitask.
- Creative ideas generator.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to build and retain relationships with external stakeholders and customers.
- Can manage and mentor junior staff members.
The successful candidate should ideally be available to start immediately.
To apply, send a letter of motivation (no longer than one page) along with your CV with three contactable referees.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
Posted on 09 Jul 10:27
+27 21 448 0448