|Remuneration:||negotiable Market related|
|Location:||Cape Town, Paarl|
|Job level:||Management Snr|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Job descriptionWe are looking for an energetic and experienced Marketing Manager to drive and execute our Marketing strategy. It’s a very hands-on position that will require great smarts, passion and skill to execute at top level. TallOrderpos.com is a fast-growing tech startup company operating in the fintech space. This position has a career path that leads to the Chief Marketing Officer position. This is a job for a person who loves doing vs delegating!
As Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for further developing, implementing and executing strategic marketing plans for TallOrderpos.com and its products, in order to drive high growth whilst building a strong, market leading brand. Your day-to-day tasks will include managing, coordinating and actioning marketing activities, leading market research efforts to uncover the viability of current and existing products and liaising with agencies and designers.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Work closely as member of the management team to define overall marketing strategy and then draw up marketing plans in support of the strategy.
- Take responsibility for the execution of such marketing plans.
- Managing media and marketing staff and external PR and design agencies.
- Manage and execute launch campaigns for new products and product updates.
- Analysis of the effectiveness of all marketing efforts including their contribution to the effectiveness of sales campaigns.
- Researching and evaluating new product opportunities, demand for potential products/solutions, and customer needs and insights.
- Work with product/project management to prioritise product enhancements.
- Ensure effective, branded marketing communications including the company website, social media, print communication and advertising.
- Experiment with a variety of journalists, organic and paid acquisition channels – content creation, content curation, pay per click campaigns, event management, publicity, social media, lead generation campaigns, copywriting, performance analysis, and much more.
- Serve as a partner to finance and product development in determining the viability of potential markets before production of a product with no business case or strategy prepared in advance.
- Produce valuable and engaging content for our website, social media and blog that attracts and converts our target groups, with special focus on delivering best of breed educational content for the tactical and operational aspects of Small to Medium sized enterprises.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business or similar, plus 6+ years of experience in marketing
- An ambitious, hands – on person looking for a challenging career, where the ultimate goal is driving the business’ profitability by building a strong brand
- Must be able to take responsibility and ownership for results
- Intimate understanding of traditional and emerging marketing channels
- Deep understanding of digital marketing and lots of experience in setting up and optimising Google and Facebook campaigns
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Budget – management skills and proficiency
- Professional judgment and discretion that comes from years of experience in the field
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, web design, production, etc.
- Good taste, a sense of aesthetics and a love for great copy and witty communication
Posted on 26 May 09:07
+27 21 201 1579