Please note that this vacancy is a 6 Month – Contract.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Marketing and Branding Assistant:
Implement the Marketing and Brand Strategy:
- Assist in planning strategies and execute marketing designs and activities to establish and maintain SAHRAs’ brand presence in the heritage sector.
- To launch and oversee advertising and media planning.
- Assist with media liaison when required.
- Liaise and brief appointed graphic designers on the development and production of all SAHRA corporate materials.
- Implement SAHRA’s Corporate Identity Manual.
Design, Manage and Update Website and Social Media Content:
- Assist in planning strategies and execute marketing designs and activities to establish and maintain.
- Act as SAHRA’s online liaison across the social media platforms.
- Create content for newsfeeds and spark discussions on various social networking sites.
- Respond to queries on social media.
- Maintain and update information on the organisation’s website.
Planning and Coordination of Exhibitions and Events:
- Organise events for the organisation and write the targeted events plan.
- Liaise with Supply chain to coordinate events and exhibitions.
- Arrange meetings with relevant stakeholders to coordinate events.
- Brief stakeholders on the particular event.
- Arrange logistical arrangements with service providers.
- Increase brand visibility at events.
- Oversee the smooth running of events.
- Write detailed Event exit report on all events including the implementation, feedback and suggestions for improvement.
Research and Write Corporate Marketing Information:
- Conduct research for articles.
- Research trends in social media related to the heritage industry.
- Write articles for SAHRA newsletter.
- Write daily staff bulletins.
- Write press releases.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- At least a National Diploma in Marketing Management, Public Relations Management, Branding or equivalent.
- A minimum of one (1) year’s work experience as a Marketing and Branding Assistant is required.
Other skills include experience and practice in using:
Social media, Websites, Basic Graphic Design packages and Events Management.
Ability to read, analyse, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer literacy with regard to the use of Excel, Word and Power Point, as well as Social Media. Requires a basic understanding and practical application of Graphic Design packages.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is:
- Often required to stand and walk.
- Regularly required to sit.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to climb.
- Often to present.
Please note that SAHRA is an Equal Opportunities Employer. SAHRA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard would be appreciated.
- Marketing Management
- Public Relations Management
- Marketing and Branding
- Social Media
- Events Management
- Graphic Design packages
Desired Qualification Accreditation