Junior Structural Designer - POP
|Remuneration:||negotiable basic salary|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Company:||African Mediums Advertising|
Job descriptionA well-established national Printing and advertising company based in Umbilo in Durban seeks the services of a Junior structural designer (Point of purchase design experience).
This is a permanent position in a fast-paced, client -focused, on-demand service delivery environment, , which is very deadline driven, creative and leaders in the industry
The successful candidate will be responsible for collaborating with the creative/design team and be required to accurately create exciting visual concepts from client briefs.
- The structural designer will be required to combine innovative, creative artistic talent together with research and have a general understanding customer needs
- Excellent design skills with a good understanding
- Knowledge of multiple operating systems, strong point of purchase design experience and good design abilities
- Basic knowledge of commercial printing industry an advantage
- Must be able to combine practical knowledge with artistic ability to turn abstract ideas into formal designs for displays
- Work closely with the team, other graphic 3D designers to turn their concepts into cost-effective, production-friendly solutions
- Must be able to work well under pressure and work accordingly to meet deadlines
- Freehand, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator experience (advantageous)
- Computer-aided design (CAD), Casemaker, Artois CAD or other
- Strategic and creative thinker.
- Must be familiar with large format printers
- must be familiar with different material and executions
- Ability to straddle the creative and graphics side of POS/POP design
- Hands on experience in graphics
- The ability to present creative structures to potential and in-house clients
- A comprehensive understanding of marketing, advertising and communication theory and practice
- The ability to collaborate closely with the development team utilizing your designs
- Minimum of undergraduate degree/diploma in structural design
- At least five years experience in the POS /POP industry
- Must have ability to manage time constraints and have a "can-do" attitude to overtime work to meet deadlines
- Ability to make up your own pre-production samples for all projects
- Ability to accept in-house and client critiques on all sample before production
- Ability to put the client first on all requests
Own Transport essential. This is non-negotiable.
Please email your CV and portfolio to: [email protected]
Posted on 09 Jul 10:37