Junior Digital Designer
|Remuneration:||negotiable Basic salary|
|Location:||Cape Town, Durbanville|
|Company:||Imagine This Digital|
Job descriptionImagine This is a full-service digital agency that focuses on storytelling and building brands across multiple digital platforms. We build creative campaigns through the good quality, engaging content we produce, ultimately driving actual business results. Our community and people aren't just our greatest asset; we are a family. Building and growing a company from writers, artists, comedians, entrepreneurs, foodies, photographers, and data junkies. We are small with a big heart and even bigger passion. We live and breathe emerging tech, and we are always growing. Curious? What will you teach us?
We are looking for graphic designer to produce digital and print creative solutions to address our marketing needs. To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of graphic design styles and layout techniques. You should also have experience in executing digital marketing campaigns while promoting our brand through delivery of high quality pieces on tight deadlines.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Interpreting of briefs to the brief objectives
- Layout and design with the ability to carry a project from concept to completion
- Design original pieces
- Work on multiple briefs at the same time
- Meticulous attention to detail & ability to problem solve in a challenging retail environment
- Bringing the brief and concept to life based on the client’s needs and vision
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all marketing projects
- Adhering to a client’s brand identity and guidelines
- Making sure artwork is correct and supplied in the right format/sizes/colour codes
- Communicating with internal and external stakeholders about the progress of projects and any issues that may arise
- Liaise with marketing and design teams to ensure deadlines are always met
- Design work often includes brochures, social media posts, adverts, website layouts, invitations, banners, corporate event promotion materials.
- New marketing ideas and concepts will be a large part of the role
- Turn around times are tight and we need a designer who can work fast with a focus on detail
- Thorough understanding of the repro (DTP) process
- Staying abreast of design trends
- Researching product trends and competitor product offering to adapt current promotional creative
- Require a reliable resource with a strong work ethic and a drive to make sure this role is fulfilled and that the team is on track at all times.
- Constantly enhancing the creative to ensure the brand stays relevant
- Participating in brainstorming sessions
- Providing support to the line manager.
- Presenting concepts - when necessary
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in graphic design or visual communication
- Two+ years’ experience in graphic design role within a design studio or agency
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite 6 (InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop)
- Experience in Adobe Premiere Pro and After effects
- Editing and grading experience
- Mac operating system
- Strong Photoshop ability
- Ability to multitask
- Deadline driven
- Retouching and illustrative ability
- Organisational and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work quickly and accurately
- Working knowledge of print processes, finished art and repro skills
- A team player.
- An interest in web design, photography and videography
- Afrikaans and English proficient
Posted on 09 Mar 15:25