Human Resources/Finance Manager
|Location:||Cape Town, South Peninsula|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Job descriptionHuman resources and finance manager
Techsys Digital is a fast-paced full-service digital marketing agency, with an established client portfolio including some of South Africa's leading brands. Raised by computers, our team of experts specialise in all things digital: integrating new insights, strategies and digital technologies into client's projects to achieve world-class results.
The search is on for a hybrid professional who can juggle finance as well as lead human resource initiatives. The successful candidate will join an established team of two, including a human resources assistant and accountant.
Senior finance responsibilities:
- To provide financial and accounting leadership to agency ensuring accurate and timely reporting of all financial matters in accordance with GAAP and IFRS requirements identifying variance with forecasts and budgets enabling an analysis of the rationale and context for actual results
- To actively partner with MD enabling agency’s performance through forecast accuracy and ensuring achievement of budget, flash, and actual business numbers. Ensures effective management of working capital
- To ensure completeness and accuracy of balance sheet; addresses all recoverables and monthly Balance Sheet reviews
- To take accountability for all internal and statutory audits across agency and implementation of remedial plans
- To participate, lead or manage any ad-hoc project assigned by the MD.
- To resource, lead, develop & effectively manage the finance team and develop overall controlling capabilities across agencies.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Nurture company culture and maintain a healthy working environment for staff and management.
- Be an active and effective member of the Leadership Team, ensuring the high visibility, focus and delivery of the People and Culture activity.
- Oversee orientation plans for new starters, in collaboration with the respective team leader.
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs
- Oversee the recruitment and selection process.
- Collect and analyse employee data via internal surveys to measure employer satisfaction and develop talent.
- Stay abreast of all labour legislation and evolving needs of the employer and its employees
Key performance indicators (Accountabilities)
- Accuracy, completeness and timeliness.
- Agency compliance and performance – statutory and internal.
- Controlling effectiveness – management and achievement of financial parameters and constraints.
- Staff Cost to Income Ratio target achievement.
- Cash Flow management, WIP and accrued revenue monitoring.
- Client Profitability.
- Team management, performance reviews and capability development.
- Skills development management.
- Bachelor of commerce accounting degree
- Bachelor of commerce accounting honours degree preferable
- Understanding of country legislations and accounting requirement
- Audit experience
- Marketing services sector experience
- Significant people management and team leadership experience
- Cultural awareness
- Human resource experience
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Strong project management experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organisation
- Strong written and spoken communication abilities
- Advanced skills and experience of financial software packages
- Advanced Microsoft Office experience, specifically Excel
Please send a max 2-page CV to [email protected] with a covering letter. If you have not heard back from us within two weeks, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Posted on 22 Nov 12:46, Closing date 21 Jan