Head of Marketing - Sports Entertainment Platform
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have an absolutely terrific Johannesburg opportunity at a renowned sports/gaming entertainment platform for a seasoned professional with deep Marketing knowledge and expertise to step into the role of Head of Marketing. As Head of Marketing, you will have overall accountability and responsibility to lead the brand’s marketing plans. This will include the development of strategies relating to brand management, advertising and promotions, customer acquisition, activation, and retention with the aim of maximising revenues and market share.
The successful candidate will be required to partner and collaborate with cross functional teams to develop and deliver a customer centric strategy. Utilising data insights and analytics, you’ll deliver superior, personalised customer experiences with measurable results. This exciting role will see you positioning and promoting the brand image and brand reputation in the public domain whilst enhancing Digital Marketing capabilities and content across channels. In addition, you will manage the dynamic Marketing team with the view to building engaged and focused marketing talent to support the Company’s future vision.
This is such an exciting opportunity, don’t miss it!
- Develop and deliver marketing strategies for the brand to acquire new customers whilst managing the retention of existing customers
- Develop strategic customer marketing and promotional plans with appropriate customer data analytics and business intelligence
- Effective delivery of integrated marketing capabilities (processes, people, standards, technology, digital expertise, customer data insights and analytics) to support the strategy
- Champion the customer value proposition, experience, and insights
- Leadership, strategic communication, positive positioning and ongoing management and protection of the brand and online brand reputation through proactive, positive coverage, and effective media relations with broadcast, digital, print and media channels
- Drive a “best-in-class” customer insight culture that provides an understanding of who the brand’s customer is; their experiences and preferences; communicating key messages to defined target audiences
- Lead the digital marketing strategy in reshaping the customer user experience through digital interactions, ensuring player engagement platforms (websites, apps, mobi-sites) are optimised to deliver on the strategy
- Prepare, submit, and manage the marketing budget and spend.
Brand and reputation growth
- Build a strong, solid, and consistent brand identity for the brand locally and into Africa, including the creation of international exposure and measurement of the ongoing equity of the brand, making adjustments as necessary
- Direct a strong and consistent brand identity in promoting the company’s reputation
- Participate in hosting high-interest Company events and attend relevant industry events to build relationships and promote brand reputation and awareness
- Customer acquisition and retention campaigns are driven to grow the brand via multiple distribution channels to multiple audiences
- Drives a customer experience culture with relevant marketing interventions to acquire and retain relevant target markets
- The Customer Value Proposition and experience across operations reflects the brand and Company values.
Governance and sustainability
- Enhance standards across marketing operations in line with leading practice
- Ensure internal/external risks to the business growth are identified, monitored, and managed through marketing management teams
- Effect leadership and direction to mitigate risks affecting business growth and brand reputation
- Ensure compliance to relevant legislation and regulations e.g., CPA, POPI, etc.
- Deliver relevant marketing and exposure on corporate responsibility initiatives, specifically regarding ‘Responsible Gambling.’
Stakeholder relationship management
- Ensure relationship agreements with key suppliers, business partners and sponsors are built, negotiated, and managed to achieve the business objectives and leverage new opportunities and joint initiatives
- Ensure relationships with partners and sponsors across the business are aligned and synergies maximised
- Lead communication plans to ensure all business operations understand the vision and anticipated standards for marketing and brand growth
- Integrate marketing to ensure synergy and integration on objectives, promotional campaigns, and messaging across channels.
- Demonstrate vision and inspirational leadership to enhance employee engagement and motivation within the marketing function
- Develop a performance-driven culture that is nurtured and achieved
- Competent, motivated, and rewarded marketing team
- Develop succession and talent plans to continuously develop and promote a solid talent pipeline for the future of marketing
- Ensure effective employee relations throughout the operations are monitored and managed as required
- Develop, coach and retain high-performance marketing talent.
- Makes highly complex decisions based on broadly defined policies and objectives
- Applies judgement and adapts solutions through analytical, interpretative, evaluative, and innovative thinking
- Commits to calculated risks and action that are based on logical marketing assumptions that take into consideration resources, constraints, and organisational values
- Deals with complex marketing and organisational problems with multiple causes and effects
- Ability to lead and provide direction in a constantly changing environment.
- Responsible for providing input and direction to medium-term strategic plans
- Sets business targets, frameworks and objectives for the department and contributing to the business strategy
- Applies knowledge and exposure of leading practice in auditing processes and practices
- Prime accountability for the reduction of corporate risk, and sustainable development and growth within the business
- Optimise and streamline existing systems and processes to support the business strategy in terms of cost efficiency, managing risks and improving the service offering
- There are guidelines/ policies and procedures in place to be followed, but the incumbent needs to constantly consider ways of improving sustainability, business growth, reputation, and profitability.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- B degree in marketing, or communications
- Postgraduate degree or an additional Business Degree is an advantage
- Additional marketing certifications are a plus
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience in Marketing, preferably with exposure to the online sports betting and e-gaming market
- Experience with online casino/poker/bingo/sports betting markets
- Hands-on experience with CRM and SEO tools like Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Smartico, WebTrends, Trello, etc.
- A track-record of effectively leading integrated marketing teams
- An unwavering commitment to quality operations and data-driven program evaluation
- Industry and corporate knowledge
- Marketing research and insights
- Financial & Business acumen
- Vendor and contracts management
- Digital acumen, web, and data analytics
- Digital and social media marketing expertise
- In-depth knowledge of big data analysis and reporting
- Deep understanding of affiliate marketing
- Ability to handle executive-level presentations
- Strategic Thinking
- Influencing and networking skills
- Managing customer and stakeholder relationships
- Providing direction
- Decision-making skills
- Emotional maturity
- Leading people
- Managing risk
- Able to travel to all units in SA required on a regular basis
- Able to work in line with operational requirements (including weekends, public holidays).
Company DescriptionVGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 15 Jul 16:06, Closing date 13 Sep
+27 21 422 1037