Head of Content
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
|Remote work:||Only remote work|
An innovative SA start-up with global offices has a thrilling, fully remote job opportunity for a talented Head of Content to help position them as market leaders in the online marketplace platform arena. As Head of Content, you’ll play a key role in helping and leading the company’s content team in creating “must read” publications for their target market within South Africa and the Netherlands. You’ll be responsible for the quality and impact of output and lead a team of A-players that have built up their blog and newsletters over the past two years. Your mandate to support the platform’s growth is to engage and grow their community by engaging them with valuable tech career content, events, reports, and tools.
The Head of Content will be responsible for content strategy and will be strong on Content creation. We’re looking for a leader who is successfully able to manage the Content team. The content is fairly tech based, but it’s not necessary to have a tech writing background, you’ll just need to have experience writing for specific audiences. The important thing is your ability to write about complex topics in a digestible format. The Content created must always add value. As Head of Content, you are a big picture, strategic thinker who understands analytics.
- Ensure that the content team has a regular publishing cadence in the relevant content buckets
- Work with the Head of Brand to create content calendars based on strategic content categories that attract and convert our ideal customers
- Create weekly company-facing and bi-weekly candidates-facing newsletters in collaboration with the marketing and product marketing teams
- Lead the team to create data and research-driven reports for download or online viewing
- Help your team create clear processes, build strong systems, and make autonomous decisions
- Provide valuable feedback on our content drafts to help the team put out world-class content
- Lead a small team of 4 full-time content producers incl. running planning meetings, doing 1:1’s & retros.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Industry relevant tertiary qualification
- Digital experience is a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with unpacking complex concepts in an accessible way
- Understanding of telling stories with data
- Ability to provide valuable feedback on drafts
- Structure and process-oriented - you ensure that you are adequately prepared for each stakeholder interaction, and can work in a process-driven manner
- Understanding of life cycle marketing, content buckets, personas, marketing funnels
- Leadership skills – as you will be leading a team. As such previous experience in leading a Content team is a plus
- Thrives with lots of feedback - high resilience
- Interested in understanding our customers
- Interested in tech and startups
- Excited about self-improvement & constant learning
- Able to work fully remotely.
Please submit a relevant portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Company DescriptionVGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 28 Apr 07:42, Closing date 27 Jun
+27 21 422 1037