|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
We have a creative job opportunity for a junior to mid-weight Graphic Designer to join the marketing team at a residential and commercial décor company in Cape Town. You will be responsible for the company’s branding, ensuring all design elements connect the brand with its audiences. We’re looking for someone with excellent DTP and image retouching skills. You could have some digital experience with creation of landing pages, display ads and engaging visual assets for social media. The ideal candidate has a natural interest and passion for home décor. The graphic designer should have a good understanding of visual brand communication and can take work from ideation to implementation. Marketing material produced may include point-of-sale collateral to creative social media assets, from signage to print ads; you will also be responsible for creating visual elements and composition to effectively showcase the brands’ products in lifestyle settings.
- Design and develop appealing marketing assets across on and offline channels, including: digital advertising, social media (static and rich media), basic animation / GIFS, web landing pages, point of sale collateral, signage, and print advertising
- Photography, photo retouching and image composition and other marketing design requirements
- Develop engaging concepts for brand, promotional, product launches/ranges and seasonal campaigns
- Ensure brand consistency across all marketing material
- Ensure all material is appropriately archived and easily retrievable
- Edit and resize all imagery for online requirements
- Assist with generating creative ideas for social media.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Graphic Designer in a marketing design environment
- Graphic Design degree/diploma or equivalent visual communication qualification
- Knowledge of graphic design best practices and software such as (CC) Adobe InDesign (Photoshop, Illustrator). WordPress is advantageous
- Knowledge of print production and finished art - advantageous
- Highly proficient in deep-etching images and image retouching/composition
- Strong time management skills and sincere respect for deadlines
- Ability to perform creatively under pressure at a fast turnaround pace
- Solutions focused
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to produce error free work
- Communicate effectively and accurately, both orally and in writing
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision on projects
Please submit a link to your portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application for this specific role unsuccessful.
Company DescriptionVGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 23 Jun 13:42
+27 21 422 1037