Front End Developer
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
Calling on the cool coders! We have a terrific job opportunity for a junior to mid-weight Front End Developer at a leading e-commerce photographic and video content studio in Cape Town. This is a pure HTML/CSS role that will primarily see you streamlining and creating responsive monthly emailers and email campaigns. Design is minimal so, not a design role. The studio environment is fast paced, unique and fun. This is a great learning space where everyone is hands on. Apply today to join the team!
- Create responsive e-mailers using HTML, CSS
- Create email campaigns using HTML, CSS
- Proactively collaborate with designers, developers, and/or video producers to define the message and specs for the graphic design and web development elements in a project
- Develop front-end code variations for A/B testing using HTML, CSS
- Perform quality assurance tests and ascertain the cause of a problem when a test is not performing as expected or adversely affecting other reporting
- Develop e-commerce promotional efforts, and emails for our subscribers
- Design multiple iterations of design elements to optimise clarity and persuasiveness
- Proactively seek ways to optimise the development and design process.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or relevant experience
- A good working knowledge and understanding of HTML and CSS, with experience in creating responsive, optimised HTML emails and banners
- Shopify experience
- Understanding of Mobile First Responsive design concepts
- Understanding of page speed optimisation best practices
- A strong ability to troubleshoot functional and layout issues
- Self-driven, attention to detail, organised
- Naturally curious and not afraid to speak up, ask questions or suggest ideas
- Willingness to learn new systems
- Openness to re-prioritise and adapt workflow in a fast-paced environment
- Graphic design skills. Experience with Adobe Photoshop
- Animation and video editing - advantageous
- Any other programming languages could be well utilised.
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Company DescriptionVGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 20 May 10:09
+27 21 422 1037