Introductio n :
A manufacturing company based in Durban; Pinetown is
seeking a Financial Manager to join their team. Detailed JD Edwards Knowledge and experience advantageous.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Ad hoc reports and projects as required
· Assistance in the compilation of financial information for BEE
· Assistance in the completion of credit applications for the
· Assistance in the preparation and compilation of the board
· Ensure that the JD Edwards processes for Accounts Payable
Assets, Controlling and Financial Integration are appropriately
· implemented to ensure the accuracy of financial reporting and
to reduce reporting risks to an acceptable level.
· Ensure the division complies with all corporate deadlines
· Ensure timeous and accurate completion of wages report and
the correct and timeous payment of wages by the wages clerk
·Liaise with all line managers and assist them with the
necessary finance support
· Managing the annual external audit for the division including
the preparation of audit deliverables and the finalization of the
· within the prescribed deadline.
· Monthly preparation of financial results and packs for the
· Oversight responsibility for the PE division. Ensuring that staff
are suitably trained, that leave procedures are followed and that
· functional work responsibilities are allocated and completed
·Preparation of annual budgets and forecasts
· Provide financial/leadership support to business unit
· Review all division specific monthly balance sheet
· Review and analysis of monthly financial results for the
divisions in order to identify areas of cost saving, enforce budget
· restrictions and identify areas for corrective action.
· Review of fixed asset register and submission of CAPEX
requests to head office
Qualifications and Experience:
• Preference will be given to a candidate with Boom Accounting
• Matric Certificate
· Preference will be given to a candidate with – Chartered
Accountant (CA)/ Chartered Institute of Management
· Proficient in MS Office software
• 7-10 years sales agent experience
• Preferably has a manufacturing background.
· A candidate that demonstrates strong interpersonal and leader
ship skills, works well under pressure, is competitive and driven.
· Thorough knowledge of South African Tax legislation is
Salary: R50 000 – R55 000 based on experience
Start date: 1 March 2021
Please send CV’s to